Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Fecal Soup
If you haven't contemplated becoming Vegan, maybe this
will change your mind...
This morning I read an article on Huffington Post written by
Kathy Freston, who is a health and wellness activist and
author. I'd been reading entries by Mark Nepo, a sort of
morning meditation time for me, and when finished clicked
on a link to "There's Poop in our Chicken Meat!" Talk about
being brought back to earth, Pronto! Eeew!!!
So here I am passing along this important info...another
public awareness video, but one I couldn't just pass by.
************************************************
On a different note...I hope this finds all of you doing well
in this extreme heat. As I write, it is 82 degrees here in
Southern Wisconsin. We are supposed to reach a high of
102 today with the heat index of 108-110 degrees. It is
hot any way you slice it. I've been staying cool, inside,
for many days this spring and summer, venturing out only
in the early morning and late evening when the sun is not
so hot. I've tolerated this very well, but I can tell you my
nerves are on edge. I wonder how those who do our daily
services such as city sanitation workers, mailmen and women,
police, firefighters, parks workers, etc., get along, and my
heart and prayers go out to them.
You would think our governments would finally agree this is
global warming, wouldn't you? I have been hearing on the
news though, that mindsets are beginning to change and
admit that yes, we are seeing global warming, especially
in light of the continued extreme heats in many areas of
the globe, not to mention disasters by floods, volcanic
eruptions, drought conditions, carbon emissions, etc.,
which to my way of thinking is the extreme culprit in all of
this. Our dependence on fossil fuels really needs to be
brought to a screeching halt. We have the technology and
yet we do nothing. Perhaps we need to start yelling loud
and clear that this is no longer an option for us. Like the
Occupy Movement, let us bombard the internet and airwaves
with..."This is no longer working for us!" "Time for a Change!"
We can also take it to the streets...by simply hanging a sign
in our car windows or whatever blows our skirts up, we can
bring about an awareness change that reminds us, as well
as our fellow beings, that we can no longer avoid the pressing
issue of Global Warming. I'm tired of the wealthy of this
country and other countries dictating the life I live. I want
to live in conditions that are indicative of well-being. I want
my children and my grandchildren to live in a healthy world.
This is a Tuesday morning rant it would seem...*sigh.* But
I had to say it, to make my voice heard, even if it is scary,
and it is scary. As Katherine Hepburn once said ... "If you
live by the rules, you miss out on all the fun." Or as Maria
Shriver so aptly shared..."Well behaved women, rarely make
history." I'm not sure now if she said that or if it was
Eleanor Roosevelt, lol, but you get my drift. Women need
to be in power, so we can affect change on the most primal
levels. Period.
Not much new on my end...I have doctors appointments
this week. A wellness check-up with my regular doctor
and a check-up with my Gynecologist to see if my insitu
carcinoma is still in check. I feel good about both of these
visits, and will be glad to have them done for another
three months. I do want to have my shoulder area
looked at...I think I may have torn some ligaments in my
left shoulder or maybe my rotator cuff. I pulled something
two months ago and it is not getting any better. I have
tried to limit my use of that arm because it is so painful
but the pain has not subsided so....time to get it looked
at. Could be they will send me for x-rays and that is fine.
I'll be happy to know what is going on with it.
So, there you have it from my neck of the woods. :) I
pray You, Dear Readers, Sisters and Friends are safe
and doing well. I'll continue to stop by your blogs and
read to my hearts content and leave an occasional
comment to let you know I'm thinking of you and
sending you much love. If you don't see me for a few
days don't worry...I'm still very heavy into my geneology
and spend a lot of time researching and meeting new
ancestors. I'm back some twelve generations now
and the names and places where my ancestors come
from is so intriguing, more than when I first started
this search. (I've lots of French blood in me, ha ha ha!)
Enjoy and seize your day!
Much Love,
Akasa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The other day I was on my way to work. It was my late day so it was about 9:30 am in the morning. The sun was beating down and the heat and humidity already out of control. I looked up at one of the taller buildings on my block and two men were up there on a scaffolding doing some kine of work. I remember wondering how they do it.
I've gotten quite far back in my genealogy as well. It's amazing what one finds. I've discovered that I've ancestors from Ireland, Scotland, Cornwall, Germany, England, and some Dutch to boot. I'm still waiting for them to complete the indexing of New Jersey on the 1940 census.
Stay cool, stay safe, dear friend and sister.
Mary
I am actually at home tonight, just waking up. I was supposed to work tonight but the heat and humidity here was just too much for me.
I got them to call in someone younger to do my shift tonight. I watched your fecal soup video and I agree it is unbearable the manner in which our food chain has been compromised.
I suggest "Food Inc." as well that can be found on U Tube. It is not just chicken singled out our whole meat supply has been compromised.
You bring up a very important point here, it is a handfull of very rich families that actually run this world. Always has been that way but in the last several years the public is starting to learn the truth of the matter.
In essence, we are still the common serfs, the drones or worker bee's that work ourselves to death in servitude to the Kings and Queens of this world.
We are slowly being poisoned by the contaminated air, water and food supply. We don't matter to the people that count because there are far too many of us...
We are the surplus population that are taxed to death on everything we work for or purchase. These days we are even taxed after death, yes, that is correct, even your funeral is taxed as a service.
Of course there are some who think we should be more than grateful we do not live in Africa, where the powers that be let disease run rampant to kill off as many as possible, or let needless slaughter,rape, mutilation, and starvation prevail.
The New World Order is already here folks. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Great post Miss Akasa
love and hugs
Sharon
Post a Comment