Monday, January 17, 2011

The Color of Guns...

Last week was an extremely hard week for me to move through energetically....

I was standing in emotional waters from the Tuscon Tragedies being played out on the media...feeling the sorrow of lives lost wash over me in wave after wave.

Watching a young girl mowed down in the prime of her
childhood was really my undoing.  That sweet, pure child, who held so much promise, was given to us as a means to begin shaping a future for our children.  She sacrificed life, her life, so that other children coming up can be free of violence, of control over another human being.  I see Christine Taylor Green as a Gift to humanity...I pray that it be so, as everything else is futile. 

I also feel deep sorrow over the shooter...for his illness of mind and heart...he was someone's hope and child too.
I cannot imagine how this young man's parents must feel.

I heard in President Obama's speech, the voices raised in unison as he spoke....about expectations for our children.  The cheering on of those in the audience...whilst Christine's Parents sat and watched the screen being played out in front of them.  I wonder if they knew their child, their Beloved, was destined for greatness? 

Even as I sit here and type this I can tell I am not over this yet...I'm still crying over this child I've never laid eyes on.  This also proves to me how interconnected we truly are.  She was one year younger than my grandson 'Firekeeper', three years older than my grandaughter 'Little Grandmother', and I cannot even imagine something so horrific happening to my precious babes.  And yet I hold hope for the rest of the children of the world...I have to.  We all should hold this hope and intention and create it in our hearts and psyches so they do have a better world to live in.  WE have to Hold This Hope!!!

To move through my emotions, I took up my pen and began to write...just a few lines at a time as I was processing the Sacred Contract of Christine, Representative Gifford, and all the others who were there in that Place, at this time in History...Sacred Wounds All.    The collective consciousness of humanity was forever changed in that moment.  Will it be forever then a guiding force for us?  I certainly hope so...I have to have that hope...I repeat...I have to have that hope.  There is nothing else.  In my pain...this is what I wrote....

The Color of Guns

Deep, blood-red, running
from holes and gashes
ripped in skin, sinew,
muscle and bone.

The Color of Guns

Tearing apart life, families,
communities, nations,
savoring the destruction
of hearts, homes, land.

The Color of Guns

Shreds the psyche of truth,
honesty, feeds it perversity,
turning a lie into darkness,
dripping evil into veins.

The Color of Guns

Made by the hand of a man
with too much idle time or
the wish to dominate, be
superior, to all living things.

The Color of Guns

A time for laying down
metal gun-grey, the putting on
of Purple Robes, auras of
amethyst, nee` white-gold
upheld promises of expectation,
hopes for a better, brighter tomorrow.

The Color of Guns

Fades from metal gun-grey to pink,
the color of Mother Love, The Womb,
Creator of Life, a turning of Guns...
into Roses...Forever for the Children.

The Color of Guns...

The Color of Guns.

Akasa WolfSong
1/17/2011 (C)
All rights reserved

I Pray for World Peace today in the Hearts of Humanity...
Let It Be So!
A'HO!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Akasa,

Forgive me for being slow in visiting. Much activity going on in my home community, and of course, much balance time needed for rest and reflection.

What struck me the most about your evocative poem is this: Your words moved the entire planet from the "do" to the "be" level. Where once the wisdom was to "beat swords into ploughshares" (that is, turn from warring pursuits to productive pursuits), you have summoned humanity to take the next step and focus first and foremost on basking in the rose-scented realm of Life embraced by Mother's Love.

Brava!! I am tossing rose petals in all directions! May they fall gently like a tender blanket of soft spring snow...

AkasaWolfSong said...

Thank You Beloved Sister...your words bring cleansing tears...but that is good and sits in my heart.

Thank You for taking the time to visit when I know how busy you are...your words are very important to me!

May You Bask in Mother Love Today and Always...
xoxoxo

Indie said...

I am deeply struck by "the color of guns"

really beautiful.

Can I share this?

Indie

AkasaWolfSong said...

Thank You Indie...

You may of course share my poem as long as you link back to me here on Stone Soup...

Thank You Beloved Sister!
xoxo

Indie said...

Thank you so much. very moving!

the wild magnolia said...

I don't know how I missed this post, but I did. So glad you referenced it in your comment.

We have all been off kilter about the Tucson shooting.

Apparently this young man has been in turmoil for years. The Tucson shooting placed his sickness on innocent victims.

The death of Christine Taylor Green is surely a gift of love and hope, and a way for us to "see" the possibilities of our children. I must wonder how she was raised, what love of life and country was planted in this child & what was of her own beautiful spirit.

I do feel sad for the shooter's parents, and pray for them and their son, but I believe there were signs this young man was seriously ill. With love there also come responsibility.

As a nation, I am hurt to the core of how we cannot see our own sickness. There is much good in our country, and I love America with all my heart, and yet, as Mother Teresa said, "If we do not have peace, it is because we have forgotten we belong to each other."

We have forgotten that we belong to each other. This is part of my prayers these days, for our love to grow and remember we belong to each other.

Your post accurately expressed how so many of us feel, and how we struggle with such tragedies, I remain thankful for your particular ability to share your heart!

Blessings dear heart, sister of the path of love, and remembering we belong to each other.

May good waves of light energy find you...some of them were sent by me! :)

Sandra said...

Oh how I agree with Magnolia and your truth stabbing peome.

Guns and violence is now our down-fall, let us hope that it will bring our awakening.
American should be higher than this and our citizens more conscious of there word and intention.

I hope this week you are experiencing less and now fillign with the Healing Waters and Light.

Love you Sister Akasa
Sandra

AkasaWolfSong said...

Thank You Beloved Magnolia and Sandra...your Heart Sharings mean the world to me! Always!

We must continue to pray for souls who cannot 'see' The Light, for whatever reason. We can heal...if I didn't believe that I wouldn't be here sharing that. It is in the struggles of daily life and living, (and yes, these tragedies are part and parcel of that) that we learn to come together in accord for The Highest Good of All. It is evidenced by the many hundreds of thousands of people all over the world who continue to hold vigil for this tragedy and others like it.
Blessings Untold to You My Sisters of Light and Love!
xoxo