It's a rainy, lazy day here in Southern Wisconsin.
I awoke very early after a restless night and
began my day with prayer. I just could not get
motivated though and am still sitting here not
getting much accomplished. However, I feel
this is a good day not to do too much. I've been
on the run for most of the week catching up with
my Doctor, running for prescriptions, playing phone
tag with nurses and drug companies, plus grocery
shopping and paying bills. So...today I am going
to be taking it easy and let this new round of
medication do its thing.
Last time I spoke with you I was being treated for
eczema...well, that is still ongoing, but in the
meantime I came down with a horrible case of the
Shingles...how awful! I have never experienced
pain like this!!!! Thankfully it is just about gone;
only a few tell tale pock marks left on my face.
Yes, I had it on the left side of my face...it was
so horrid. And on top of that, the morning I woke
up to it, (which was the Friday following my exam
with my Doctor for eczema where I told him my
face had itched on one side all night and that was
on Tuesday the 17th of February) my right eye also
had a huge hemorrhage which terrified me and I
thought I might lose my eyesight in that eye. I
immediately called my Daughter and off we went
to the Emergency Room where they diagnosed me
with Shingles. If you have never heard of it do look
it up and study it. It is the same virus that causes
Chicken Pox, and affects the nerve roots. The pain
associated with it is excrutiating and can severely
affect someone with a weakened immune system
which I have. It is brought on by several factors,
one of which is stress, Fibromyalgia, and AutoImmune
Disorder such as COPD and I have all of the above.
So I was a very sick kiddo. I did find out that an
Adult should have a Chicken Pox Booster Immunization
but most Adults are not even aware of that. I certainly
never was and after all this has left my body I am going
to get one so as never to get this again, because it can
reoccur. I am not a vain woman but I looked like the
Bride of Frankenstein and refused to go anywhere. Plus
the Doctor said it was a good idea to stay inside so as
not to pick up any communicable viruses that may be
out there right now. I was put on Prednisone which I
really balked at. In the past I was given this and went
into a deep rage while at work and wanted to literally
kill people for no apparent reason...and that is just
really not me at all. The Doctor explained to me that
with some medications we can try them again with no
ill effects so she ulitmately talked me into it and I am
so happy she did. I'm now on another round of it as
I noticed while on it, that my eczema was getting better
too. So now we play the waiting game again. It makes
you feel wired and tired at the same time. Icky!
So....I'm hanging in there and just trying to get through
my daily stuff as best I can.
As we all know today is New Moon and I'd like to
gently remind you to Pray for the Water...I know
I sound like a broken record, right? But we must
continue on in this very important issue. I won't
be going to my Beloved Rock River today but I
will be doing my own thing here at home.
Speaking of New Moon...it is a great time for some
of those gardening ideas you have floating around
in your awareness as Spring arrives on the 20th of
this month...Yaaaaay! :) For those of you who've
already begun your seed now is the time to start
thinning them out, especially your herbs like basil,
marjoram, sage, and thyme. Unlike those deeply-
rooted herbs such as dill and parsley, these will
thrive in their new spots.
The Cherry Trees will begin to bloom, and I'd love
to take a trip to Washington to see all of the
beautiful sights around the Capitol. Has anyone
ever been there during the blossoming? My Farmer's
Almanac says that when you harvest sour cherries,
you cut them from the tree rather than risk damage
by pulling them from the stems...something I didn't
know!
Mardis Gras begins on the 8th of this month followed
by Ash Wednesday on the 9th and Full Worm Moon is
on the 19 of the month. They call it Full Worm Moon
as our little earthlings are beginning to stir up and out
of the soil as it warms. The slime secreted through
their skin helps to hold clusters of soil particles together.
Who Knew? :)
The Red-Winged Blackbirds are on their migratory route
back to the Upper States of Our Land and I love those
birds! Time to get out all my feeders and get them
ready to hang. This morning I sat in the morning quiet
and listened to the Cardinals just singing their hearts
out. What beauty that was. And yesterday as I was
going to the store I had to pull of the road in a parking
lot as Hawk came at me from the North and was circling
above me. It brought me to tears as I am always moved
by these Spirtual Regals. Always messages for me...to
keep on soaring was the first one I picked up and to ride
the winds of change as they come. Something I am
learning to do very well in my older years. When you let
go of expectations the case of becoming disappointed or
hurt is a moot point, and more the case...you experience
many more moments of Grace.
As for blogging well, I must still pay attention to my
health first and the business of life but I will try my
best to be more present here and to come and visit
each of you who are so special to me. Your heartfelt
comments always move me I assure you! You are
my extended family and for this I am Very Grateful!
I wish you all a Happy New Moon, a day filled with
many delights that soothe and nurture your spirit
as well as your soul. May you be blessed beyond
measure and know that I do indeed Love You!
A'HO!




3 comments:
Sending "feel better wishes" love and a ((hug)). I felt something was going on, but did not want to ask, and cause you the untimely frustration of answering. It would come forth at the right time.
When I am blessed with a sighting or visit from hawks, eagles, owls, deer, fox, or cardinals (really, most animals)...I always acknowledge and speak to them.
Sometimes there is a word message, sometimes not. The gift of their presence is healing to me.
It feels like spring and the air is soft and somewhere close by orange trees have blossomed, the scent is in the air.
I'm thinking on the New Moon and planting seeds for the next few weeks.
Indeed, take care of you first, we will be here when you return. We miss you, but we understand!
Blessings and healing thoughts and prayers sent your way.
I'm so sorry you are having all those health problems - makes me feel better about myself, even though I don't feel that great today. I hope you can get on some medications to manage your conditions. We have a lot of residents that have COPD and are all on breathing machines... I feel fortunate that my PFT came out normal, even though I don't feel normal with all the coughing I'm doing - must be allergies because Gizzy coughs too.
I will keep you in my prayers and hope you will get some well deserved rest. I'm tuckered out too from doing my monthly shopping and all that goes with the beginning of the month responsibilities.
I need to lay down because I'm just not feeling very well at all...my body is rebelling ;-)
Take care my friend and feel better soon.
Love,
Doris and Gizzy
Oh, my friend, how sick you have been. I've never had Shingles, but I do know of them and know that they are painful. You must start taking better care of yourself my friend. I know I am a nag, but you know what you have to do. Love you.
Mary
Post a Comment