Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Greetings Everyone!
Good Morning Beautiful Ones! :)
It is going to be another hot one here
today and I am going to have to be in
the house today so I thought I'd quick
post here and then do my chores for the
day. I thought I was going to see my
Dermatologist at 1:30 this afternoon
but after having talked with the Nurse
just now about some specific instruction
on a med I'm using for the Light Therapy
I found out I'm not in the computer for
today, so that is out. It is really curious
as they just made the appointment on
Friday...go figure!
Well, as for my health...everyone is
emailing me, wondering what is going
on since it has been so long since I've
been here so here goes...bear with me
please?
I've been all over the place seeing
Doctors in the past month. First the
hematologist for the increase in my
red blood cell count. He sent me to
get a comprehensive blood work-up
and then to get a CAT Scan, in which
they wanted to use a contrasting dye
which was to be put into my vein and
distributed throughout my body. I
flat out refused that portion of it but
did do the barium part. Eeewww!
But I made it through that with some
difficulty in breathing and I was told
by the attending tech that there is no
way I would have been able to tolerate
the dye, as that entails being on the
table for 30 minutes. I knew that?
Plus the fact that it presents a Great
Flushing factor in the body and I sooo
cannot tolerate heat of any kind. As
well, I knew I would not be able to
breathe well laying down. I've not
been able to lay down for some two
years now due to my COPD and
Emphysema and they only give you
one little pillow to use. While doing
it I was coughing and they had to keep
stopping so I am happy I listened to my
intuition. The results of those tests
show I have erythrocytosis. This will be
watched by having comprehensive blood
work every three months to see what
my red blood cell count is.
I also have calcified granulomas in the lung
and spleen. He described that as having
breathed in a soil born pathogen at some
point in my life, and because of that had gotten
an hystoplasmosis infection, which the body
then calcifies to take care of itself. There
is no need to remove them as they don't
interfere with anything or cause stress on
the body.
I also have a 14mm cyst arising from the
inferior portion of the right kidney (which
remains unchanged from the ultrasound I
had taken in 2010) and a 5mm cortical cyst
on the left kidney, otherwise the kidneys
are normal. My liver is also markedly
enlarged extending down below the lower
margin of the right kidney.
As for the supposed eczema, it turned out
to be psoriasis for which there is no cure.
I had to have a biopsy done to determine
that. The cream they had me on did not
work at all and that would have been the
first course of med for the psoriasis too.
She did prescribe methotrexate for me but
after having purchased it and realizing
what a powerful drug it is I declined taking
it and the reason being for that is they use
it for cancer patients along with severe
arthritic patients...which would have meant
having a comprehensive blood work up every
month...with my immune system the way it
is I am happy I opted out of that for now.
The course of therapy I chose is Light Box
Therapy...it is rather like a tanning booth
only they take out the bad rays and keep
the good ones...you have to put on a
solution made from pinetar an hour before
you go in and then once there you wipe it
off with baby oil and are only in for a few
minutes...I can do this up to four times a
week. This sounds a lot safer than the
other two to me. As it is there is no cure
for psoriasis so I will do the gentler of all
of them and pray for the best outcome.
I've been working with a Sister out west
who is an awesome Reiki Practioner and
have been getting good results in that
regard as well. So......this is where I
am at right now....I'm still on the water
pills and potassium and will be for the
rest of my life so it seems like everything
I do is based around the need to use the
restroom, lol. We still are watching the
congestive heart failure picture and I am
glad my Doctor is so thorough. My spirit
remains good as I refuse to let all of this
get me down...although I must admit I
have had one or two days where I felt
under the weather with all the itching,
burning and stinging from the psoriasis.
Now that I know I can do the Light Therapy
I am one happy camper...oh yeah! :)
It has been a wild spring around here with
the weather...hot one day and freezing the
next...the growing season seems to be a
crapshoot but I have persevered...I did get
some tomato plants in and a few annuals.
Planted a new hummingbird perennial to
start attracting my little birds I so love.
The feeder is up for them and I must get
out today and change up their nectar.
The plant is a Germanmeister Fuschia in
the most incredible orangey-pink color.
The flower is trumpet looking and hangs
down so the bird can stick its long beak
in there. I've been studying these elegant
little weavers for some time now and have
a list of plants I am trying to incorporate
into my sacred place here. I love sitting
out on the deck and watching all the birds.
The most incredible happening on Mother's
Day came late in the afternoon...I had been
sitting out watching the clouds begin to
roll in as we had storm warnings and tornado
warnings posted and out of the sky from the
North came seven turkey buzzards (vulture-condor)
flying in a circle...two of them left the circle and as
I was watching them found myself up and out
of my chair and standing on the ramp to try
and get a good view, when the two came
flying down low over me...it was truly so
amazing to have them acknowledge me in
that way...I really felt them speaking to
my spirit. Of course I then had to come in to see
what that medicine was all about as it had been
a while since I'd read it...and but of course it is
about Death and Rebirth, lol! If you want to
read about it head over here...
Animal Totems
I am truly blessed by the experience of these
sacred winged-ones!
The Bleeding Heart bushes are just about
done with now and I shall miss the little
beauties...they are the first flower that
pops out around here along with the wild
violets, and dandelions. I split the bush
last year and now have two and even some
sucker bushes sprouting under the deck
and along the rampway, which I will let go.
This week I want to get my cucumbers in
and a few bean bushes as I have to have
my wax and green beans every summer.
I may even put in some zucchini as well.
Nothing like fresh zucchini in soup, or
dipped in egg and cornmeal and fried up.
I have that as a whole meal sometimes.
I need to grow as much as my body will
allow me to take care of, that will be the
tricky part. No longer the days of the big
garden for me. I will support my food
stands along the roads around here to
get good food from our local farmers.
A Big, Huge Thank You to all of you who've
been praying for me and sending me good
energy...it has helped in so many wonderful
ways...I can feel it wash over me! :)
Sandra, Magnolia, Mary and so many others...
you are bright shining beacons in my life and
I am so eternally grateful! Thanks So Much!!!
Hopefully I can get back into blogging a bit
more now that most of the Doctors appointments
have been taken care of...I do have to do the
Light Therapy but that shouldn't take long so
just be patient with me and I will get around to
your blogs as well.
I pray you all have a most magnificent day...
stay safe in these uncertain times, keeping
only to your heart and faith, your hope, and
let all the rest fall to the wayside...it isn't
important anyway. Just Breathe in the
beauty that is always inherent around you.
The Godspark in us all.....
A'HO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Thank you so much for the update. Posting should be a no pressure thing and a fun time.
I was so glad for the update on your health and life, the garden hopes, and whats ahead in the near future.
You really think through your treatments and have learned to say "no" which usually shocks the medical personnel.
Your sweet words always give me a lift.
You remain in my thoughts and prayer...sending healing light energies!
Blessings.
In my vast absence I have missed you and also am sorry that I did not know about your health issues. You have been on my mind and I wondered when I came back why you had not been around.... Your bleeding heart is simply beautiful. I have a small one I planted last year which I thought I had killed but it is thriving this year... Such beautiful things... I hope that as best can be, that is what you get with all your efforts... I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers... I will not wander off again without checking in occasionally to see how you are... blessings
Post a Comment