Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Here's A Thought....




No Guarantees











In spiritual evolution, there are no guarantees. Life is unpredictable. So this path requires both an unconditional commitment to victory and enormous patience. If we are very serious about this endeavor, we have to become the exemplars ourselves. It has to start with our own unconditional commitment to victory, knowing that there are no guarantees. The very fact that there are no guarantees underlines how urgent our commitment is, because we don't know how much time we each have to do this. We don't know how long we're going to be here. So the worst thing we can do is to waste time. Traditional enlightenment is about going beyond time, but Evolutionary Enlightenment is about doing something in time, because evolution can only happen in time. Therefore, don't waste time. From the perspective of evolution, time is the most precious commodity. Time is all we have to develop. Many of us have been culturally trained to spend an enormous amount of time worrying about our psychological needs and desires, our ego's fears and concerns. And this is understandable, but the problem is that it robs us of time that could be used to participate in life in a much deeper way. If you have the strength and clarity to look at your own life from this perspective, you won't want to allow yourself to waste time, because you will realize you are wasting the precious chance you actually have to evolve.

~Andrew Cohen~

I soooo love this quote!  The older I get the more I realize
what a waste of time worrying is, frettting over things we
cannot control, sitting in our minds and turning over and
over again, the why of something...Much better to let all
of our 'whatevers' fall away and live in the present moment.

I find myself at times worrying over things my daughter
has done or said to me and after a much needed kick in the
backside from Spirit, mine or Mother/Father God's, or even
the friends who know you intimately and you realize A'HA! 
Why am I doing this?  Often(times), I am reminded of the
good old Serenity Prayer when doing this polluted thinking
and bring that into my awareness and then get up and on
with living in the present moment.

It happened to me very recently when something occured
that I thought should have gone a different route and I
fretted and actually cried over it for a few days. My Sister
by Blood then said something that kicked me in the butt
and set me back on the right path.  Thank Goodness! 
There is no Time like the present to do and be, and not be
worrying over what we cannot control.  After all, we cannot
control the Universe, but we can control our reaction to it?

That is when we evolve mentally, emotionally, and yes,
the most important...spiritually.  Contrary to opinion we can
teach an old dog new tricks, lol!  So Today...I'm not wasting
any precious moments, unless it is my choice to sit and be
still, to take in the wonder of the beautiful universe around
me, to read a good book, to create, to pray, to BE.  I'll do
it with intention...I'll Thank The Blessed Universe for the
Time I have to do it in!

Here's wishing for you those magickal moments that make
up the Essence of You, no matter what you are doing.
Have a Beautiful Day!

P.S.  We are under Heat Warnings here so I've been out
changing the Hummingbird Food as I have one lone female
who has been coming to visit me and we are getting to
know one another quite well.  I've also been giving my
Plant People a good drink of water and got some Nasturtiums
planted this early morning while it was still a little cool.
If you have Hummingbird feeders don't forget to change up
their food every three days or so...I've been busy learning
all about their habits and one thing I learned is that they
can actually get drunk from food that has not been changed
as sugar ferments...I didn't know that but it makes total
sense!   We don't need drunken Hummingbird's flying about!
I've really taken to this new connection with the hummers
and am getting so much out of sitting in their illumined
energy.  The are sooo otherworldly, social, and loving.
If you'd like to see a great video about a woman who talks
with them follow this link and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!


97 Today with a Heat Index of 105...I'm choosing cool
activities!!!  Hope the Beloved Animals can catch a
few cool breezes!  I've put out fresh water for all of
them to partake of...

In Divine Love,


5 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

What a very powerful post today! I really liked this one. This is a lesson I continue to learn.

Oh, you have hummingbirds. I am so jealous. I love those little critters. Have you checked out Phoebe's Place and her webcam on UStream. Two little babes due to hatch any day now.
Mary

julie said...

Oh Akasa...you have no idea how much I needed this reminder....seems I need it everyday. I am in a struggle with what I can control, and what is simply beyond me..anxiety is my companion recently and even as I tell myself let it go..it won't unless I am in meditation, dance, or chant...makes it tricky..lol
But I know this too shall pass and hopefully the lesson will be well learned...
I love you and what you share...such a wise friend to have...thank you...xoxo

maybe a tattoo on my wrist...??

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

stay cool...xoxo

the wild magnolia said...

I have missed you. And here you are all bright and shiny presenting us with gathered wisdom and enlightenment to spare! Candid sharing of your own reaches straight to the heart of the matter...real life, and a "can do" for me!

Welcome back! Stay cool too!

Indie said...

beautiful thoughts just pour out of you my friend.

Indie

JoyceAnn said...

Thanks for sharing this quote , it's beautiful and full of truth. It's a message we all need to be reminded of ocassionally.

I missed " World Ocean Day " , but hope to visit a body of water soon , will say a Prayer for the ocean when I do.

I'm having problems with leaving comments , couldn't access comments on your " Heartsong " blog. Blogger has been acting weird lately.

~ Be Blessed ~