Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lammas Song...



Happy Lammas/Lughnasadh Blessings To All!


Give thanks for the blessings,
give thanks for the lessons
Give thanks for all that
the Goddess Provides
Give thanks for this showing
our dreams are now growing
Give thanks for the presence
of the Goddess in our lives

Thank You, Thank you,
O Great Mother Thank You...

Thank You, Thank you,
O Great Mother Thank You..

With the first Green Corn
our dreams are now taking form
We ask for the strength
to see the true harvest born
Mother of the Corn,
of Hoof, and of Horn
We thank you for the Bounty
youve brought to our door

Thank You, Thank you,
O Great Mother Thank You...

Thank You, Thank you,
O Great Mother Thank You...

Thank You, Thank you,
O Great Mother Thank You...

Thank You, Thank you,
O Great Mother Thank You...

Mother of the Grain,
of the Sun and of the Rain
We pray for an abundant Harvest again
We give thanks for the Blessings,
give thanks for the lessons
We give thanks for all that
the Goddess Provides

Thank You, Thank you,
O Great Mother Thank You...

Thank You, Thank you,
O Great Mother Thank You...

Thank You, Thank you,
O Great Mother Thank You...

Thank You...

Artist:  Lisa Thiel
Album: Circle of the Seasons
Song: 7-Lammas Song
Source:  You Tube

Wishing for You the Most Sacred, Bountiful,
Abundant, Meaningful, and Astounding Day
E - V - E - R !!!!!   :()

I've been busier than a BumbleBee lately...
which is why I haven't posted much around
here, but I wanted to pop in today and let
you all know I've not fallen off the face of
the planet yet, lol.

I've actually been helping my Sister/Friend
Grandmother Tonya Whitedeer out on her
blog, Sisterhood of the Planetary Water Rites.
Today I was blessed by a gift from her...which
is so perfect for me...it is the book "Other
Council Fires Were Here Before Ours." 
This is a Classic Native American Creation
Story as Retold by a Seneca Elder, Twylah
Nitsch, and Her Grandaughter Jamie Sams
whom many know and love.  I'm really looking
forward to reading and digging my way through
it.  Pilamaya Yelo Grandmother Whitedeer!!!

I've also been busy with family and friends,
yakking on the phone catching up with online
friends, visiting blogs and reading, sometimes
leaving comments and sometimes not depending
on what is happening in the moment in my own
little world.  I've also been cleaning out my
computer files, household paper work, baking
batches of cookies in off moments to share
with everyone, cleaning the hacienda and deck,
chanting and drumming for rain, dancing in said
rain and laughing with joy over it.  I also woke
up yesterday, after a storm moved through over
night, to find things blown about outside, so I
put things back in place, came in to start my
computer up and found my modem wouldn't
work so I had to call my service provider and
get that up and running again.  Thankfully, the
strong storm that moved through which had lots
of sky to ground lightening did not strike my
modem.  Talk about grateful!!!!  It was a light
show to behold...I watched for a bit then
crawled back into bed.  We ended up getting
enough rain to bring some green back into the
grasses outside and I could hear the plantlife
breath and sigh, AHHHHHH!  We are supposed
to get more rain showers this week but I am
not waiting for them, I will be chanting and
drumming more.

Later today I am going to make up some corn
bread for Lammas and gift it to Mother Earth
this evening, and her beautiful wild creatures.
I need to find a homemade cornbread recipe.

I have no special plans for Lammas/Lughnasadh,
do You?  I think simplicity is the key for me
this year.

Well, as I said above, I wish for you the most
Sacred, Bountiful, Abundant, Meaningful,
Astounding Day E - V - E - R, and I mean that
from deep within!

Radiant and Cascading Blessings to All and
Merry, Merry Lammas/Lughnasadh!!!

A'HO!
Akasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Blessings to you sister of my heart
on this day of Lammas.

My you have been a busy bee.
Beautiful lyrics you have shared.

The squirrel outside my window
says there is a lineup for cornbread
outside your window.

I love your compassionate spirit.

love and light to you
sister of my heart

Word Dancer

mxtodis123 said...

Beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing it with us. I will have to check out your friend's blog. Sending blessings your way. May you have a special day and night.
Love you, dear sister,
Mary

Ashling said...

Ya know, I forgot how much I love her music!! Lughnasadh got barely a nod from me this year, so a 'thank you' to YOU for this moment...

Merry ME said...

I knew something was missing from my desktop - this blog. Feel like I've reunited with a long lost friend. Love hearing how busy you are. Must mean you're feel good. For this I'm am grateful.

May your blessings continue to abound,
m