Friday, August 31, 2012

Grandmother Chant - Ruth Barrett



Last evening as I was outside basking in Grandmother's
beautiful glow, I was moved to tears.  I began singing
this song to her and was even more moved.  I started
thinking about being her Daughter and what a priviledge
and honor it is to be able to know that deeply, internally,
intrinsically, as part of my DNA.  Perhaps it is because I
have been delving deep into my own ancestry, DNA, that
prompted the tears to flow, I cannot say for sure, but I
felt a great releasement, a letting go of ancestral trauma,
and a return to my one true Grandmother...Grandmother
Moon.  Those of us who worship Her 'being' know what
this means.  We cannot put words to Her presence in our
lives that give true meaning to it.  We just know it to be
the truth for us.  It defies everything we are and yet the
mystery of our love connection lies within. 

This present moon we are now in is a Blue Moon...I wonder
if that is why the tears flow freely?  Science tells us other-
wise...it is the occurence of more than one Full Moon in a
given calendar month and this one I feel is particularly
powerful as we won't see one again until July 2015.  I may
be different than others I don't know, but whenever there is
a Blue Moon, I feel blue, without any rhyme or reason to it.
So...does it affect you in any particular way?  I'd be interested
to know.

Here is an astrology report from Tom Lescher, one of my
favorite astrologers.  He says:  "Time to let go of petty concerns,
Time to bow down, listen and learn, To listen to my body, my
instinctive longing, and unite with The Other to continue
evolving."  I'll let you listen in.



I pray you have the most beautiful connection with Grandmother
this night...I will meet you at the water's edge as I continue to
pray for the healing of Grandmother's Liquid Gold.  We can do this
in the Ethers...bring your rattles and drums and let's send up a
great vibration into the Blessed Universe for Healing for our
Grandmother's Waters...and don't forget to leave an offering?

This weekend I will share how I came to find out how I am the
Grandaughter of King Henry the VIIth...yes, that's right!  :)  He
is my 16th Great Grandfather!  How incredible is that?  Ha Ha Ha...

Have a spectacular day and know that you are loved and adored
by me.  Sorry I haven't been around much this week.  I've had a
busy two weeks with children, grandchildren and friends stopping
by.  I think I will try to hide out this weekend and do my own thing.
Till we meet again...

May You Be Blessed!
A'HO!

3 comments:

Ruthie Redden said...

Beautiful words, i loved reading of your thought on Grandmother moon they touched me deeply. I feel I am so newly come to finding my connections with mother earth & nature & it is an incredible journey to be on. I will most definatley be singing to our beautiful grandmother moon this evening from my barefoot place in the woods. ;)

Robin Larkspur said...

Your beautiful words touch me deeply.

We are lighting a fire tonight, in our backyard near the stone altar we built and while our glorious Lady sails the skies. Wish we could drum with you.

Bright Blessings to you!

Unknown said...

I had to work all weekend Akasa but I took my time walking to work and staring up at her.

I was hoping to grasp a minute to myself to go up to the roof garden and let her energy surround me, but, I was busy every second of the weekend.

I am worn out and trying to get some days off in the latter week. Not sure if they can find anyone to cover my shifts.

What a beautiful post this is...

a tribute to Grandmother Moon
who makes you feel blue.

Let us hope she will send us her
energy and light.
love and hugs
Sharon
xxx

I hope this posts
I am still having trouble posting
when there is letters and numbers to add.