
Chat, a photo by h.koppdelaney on Flickr.
I thought I'd better stop in to let everyone know I have not grown wings and flown the coop...on the contrary, I'm knee deep in moving boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap and packing paper while still trying to get through items that are no longer needed or wanted. In other words I've been super busy.
It won't be long now...with less than two weeks before the move to my new place...what once was looming in front of me, now is viewed through a new and renewed spirit and happiness to be moving on. I wake each morning with gratefulness that I have again been blessed by the Universe/MotherFather God and when I rest each night give thanks for another day and all that was provided. I am at peace.
I wish our world was at peace...so much horrendous violence all around us. At every turn we see more people being shot at, bombed, poisoned by greed, the pen, and just a while ago I learned that someone had sent a poisoned letter to the President. What sickness underlies it all? Is it Patriarchal Power all gone awry? I ask myself these questions and more everyday. It doesn't just happen on a global scale anymore...it is in our own backyards now. On our noon news just now they announced that someone had sent a package that has been discovered in our own post office and it was giving off some kind of gas or something that was burning the eyes of those who were handling it. Good Grief! I feel so helpless to do anything. Prayer is my biggest power, my only power it seems, and so that is what I do every day.
I pray all of you are in good health and spirit...this has been quite a year so far, hasn't it? Some of you have husbands who've been facing so much and I hope you are on the upswing now...Mary at Moontides, Robin Larkspur at Wiccan Writes, Sandy at Sandy Sandy's...all of us love you and keep you in our thoughts and prayers and close to our hearts.
I've had a couple of days lately with my Fibromyalgia slapping me full on...so I'd stop what I was doing, and just rest quietly till it passed and that really helped. In the past I've tried to push on through it but that only makes it worse and takes longer to subside...I've learned the roundabout way I suppose.
Today is cold, windy and rainy here...with rain/snow mix coming by Friday. I am really tired of the snow scenario...it is spring after all. We have had a few very nice days...one day it was 70 degrees...please come back!!!! :) I see the daylillies are pushing up from the ground out there as is Snow on the Mountain...you can't kill that stuff! Across the street from me the daffodills are about 5-6 inches high so we should be seeing some yellow soon. Our climates are changing to be sure...last year at this time it was hot out already and very rainy to be followed by a long, hot summer with little to no rain. Thankfully with all the snow and now all the rain we are above our moisture levels but now we are facing flood stages around here as the rivers and streams are swelling in some areas. I am grateful I live on higher ground, although it was always a dream of mine to live on a piece of land with a river running through it. The old woman with a little fishing boat and straw hat. He, he he.
I found the great picture above on Flickr...love the two ravens chatting with one another and the web hanging below them!!! It is one of my favorites.
So...how are all of you processing what is happening in the U.S. right now...let me know your thoughts and feelings? It's so hard not to be sad, angry, fearful even, but I am determined not to let terrorists of any kind win. I pray you are all safe and protected wherever you are!
Till we meet again...know that I adore you and think of you each day even though I've been so busy. You mean the world to me!
All my love,
Akasa
Keep The Porch Light On!!!
P.S. Sorry for the font...seems when I use stuff from Flickr it is all in small font? Uuugh!

3 comments:
splendid gathering of crows.....and a lace were heavy with early morning dew.
i am doing well, i think. go back to cardiologist tomorrow for check up. three stints in the heart. i should be running around the block, and would be, but for the pinched nerve in my back and leg. a pretty mean phooey. doctor appointment for back is in May.
i remain here in Florida for the time being, making my own sunshine.
shook to the core over Boston. sometimes i am frustrated that those in power are unable to what isn't working, and step up to the plate, with what is working.
sigh.
hope you are well and standing in the sunshine.
((hugs))
My dear friend and sister. Your print is too small for these old eyes. I cannot read it, but I have to say it was great to see you posting.
Mary
hopin' the move goes smoothly and you love your new place! thinking of you!
Post a Comment