Thursday, October 21, 2010

Grandmother




Out of her brown body she pushed
silver thread, light, air
and carried it carefully on the dark, flying
where nothing moved.

Out of her body she extruded
shining wire, life, and wove the light
on the void

From beyond time,
beyond oak trees and bright clear water flow
she was given the work of weaving the strands
into creation, the gift of having created,
to disappear.

After her,
the women and the men weave blankets into trees of life,
memories of light and ladders,
infinity-eyes, and rain.
After her I sit, on my laddered, rain bearing rug
and mend the tear with string.

To Honor and Remember A Wise Woman...

~Paula Gunn Allen~
Laguna/Sioux/Lebanese

6 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

Lovely.

mxtodis123 said...

I loved this. So much wisdom in her eyes. Would you mind if I printed and kept this one?
Mary

AkasaWolfSong said...

By all means Mary! I found the picture on Photobucket and added it to my files...the poem I've had in my Book of Shadows for a long time and don't remember where I found it. I freely share it with you Sister Love. :)

The poet was a beautiful woman...you can do a search and learn of her if you don't know of her...I've read some of her works and she is outstanding! Sadly she has gone through the veils now but we can still feel that wondrous eternal spirit of hers!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Thank You Magnolia...I hoped it would stir something in those who visit here...

Blessings!

AkasaWolfSong said...

~good morning dear one...she is one of my favorite pictures and the words you shared...beautiful...thank you so for all the l♥ve you have poured upon my pages...delighted you have stumbled upon my little space as now i have found yours...and i look forward to the road ahead...much l♥ve and light upon you always~

Faerwillow...somehow when I tried to publish your comment it did not show up...so I went into my comment files to find this and repost it here...I'm so sorry!

What I wanted to let you know is that I have another blog 'HeartSongs' as well. I've much over there. I have just recently begun Stone Soup...so I hope you can pop in over there and leave your wisdom among those pages too? I am so happy to have connected with you...

In Unity and Love!

DancingFire said...

This was soooo beautiful Akasa! Big warm hugs across the miles my sister from forever!