Thursday, September 29, 2011

SunRise Prayer




Earth teach me quiet ~ as the grasses are still with new light.
Earth teach me suffering ~ as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility ~ as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring ~ as mothers nurture their young.
Earth teach me courage ~ as the tree that stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation ~ as the ant that crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom ~ as the eagle that soars in the sky.
Earth teach me acceptance ~ as the leaves that die each fall.
Earth teach me renewal ~ as the seed that rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself ~ as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ as dry fields weep with rain.

By Douglas Spotted Eagle

A'HO







Wishing for You All a Day of Peace...

5 comments:

Ashling said...

Thank you so much for posting this prayer. It's beautifully tangible...

the wild magnolia said...

Thank you for sharing, this beautiful sunrise prayer.

The earth and all of nature teach us if we pay attention.

I don't think our Native American ancestors talked much, but when they did speak, something meaningful was shared.

Mornings are my gateway to the rest of the day.

Wishing you a day filled with peace and music.

You are a spiritual mentor. I appreciate your effort in sharing things of spirit......❤

mxtodis123 said...

Oh, this is so beautiful. Thank you, my dear friend, for sharing this. It is definitely a keeper for me.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this significant, powerful prayer, Dear Heart!

Sending you much love and hugs, Donna Rose xox

Merry ME said...

I have to say ditto to all of the above.
This is a prayer I wish I'd read down on my knees with head bowed.

m