As a Mother who has lost a child to Death,
I've been struggling this weekend
in light of the tragic, and senseless
deaths of these pure and innocent
children who lived, laughed, and played
in Newtown, Connecticut.
As a Mother I readily identify the pain
one feels in that loss. It feels like
your very roots have been torn
from your body, your heart ripped
in shreds, and that life will never
be the same again.
These Lights, These Children,
will go on lighting worlds,
worlds within their families,
their communities, their churches
and synagogues, their play circles,
and in the lights of the world.
That I know for sure.
As I cried and cried and then cried
even more this weekend, I came to
realize this Light cannot be hidden,
cannot be snuffed out in seconds
by a bullet(s). These Lights,
These Children were sent with a
purpose, just as we all were
sent...and look at how they've
accomplished their purpose.
They've brought family closer,
community closer, the world at large closer.
They've opened up a whole new window,
or opportunity for great discussion
in regards to gun control, and how we
as a world at large, morally view ourselves,
our actions.
I hope we each personally can use the pain
we are feeling over These Lighted 'Christed Children'
to bring a Call to Arms...to bring about
change in the way we accept and embrace
mental illness, and in funding meaningfully,
places where the mentally troubled can seek
help. I hope we can lay aside political, lobbying
senseless drivel and work toward the
common goal of honoring one another
in every area of life, so that we honor
These Children, These 'Christed Ones'
in Creator's Love.
Let not their life be in vain.
So...I will more than likely shed even more
tears, as I remember Anna, born April 4, 2006,
who shared the same birthday as my Son
who has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.
May my Son meet her on the Other Side
and rejoice in Pure Love.
My light has been very dim this weekend,
but as I heard the children's names
being read last night on televison
I heard Anna's name, her birthday & year,
and the flame leaped higher, so that
today my light burns stronger, even
through the pain.
Lastly, I hold The Teachers, Principal, and
Social Worker in High Honor...for
forming young minds and lives,
for shielding them as much as possible
from the horror and nightmare that was
being played out in Sandy Hook School,
and for paying the ultimate sacrifice
in terms of trying to protect human life.
You are Hero's!!!
In closing, I hope we all can see this
as an opportunity in light of 12/12/12
and 12/21/12 as a window for change.
Holding You All in Deep, Abiding,
and 'Christed Love'.
Blessed Be...
From the Stars we all came,
and we shall return there
once again.
A'HO!
May Peace Prevail on Earth
May Peace Prevail on Earth

6 comments:
Beautiful memorial my friend. It's hard to find words in the light of this tragedy. I've spent much of my weekend in tears. I can't even begin to fathom what those children are feeling.
Mary
hey, akasa! i'm here! AND! i just subscribed by email so THAT should fix it so i see your posts! hoping so.
thanking you for your beautiful heart and light...
Hugs, Akasa!
I thought I'd cried all my tears. Apparently not. Your words touch me. My sister friend, I pray for all the blessings you pass on to others, returns to you like gentle ocean waves, and joins with the beating of your heart.
oops. i filled in the security information and sent it off without my comments.
i have great compassion for those left behind. those gone before are in the light, so i believe.
more anger stirs in me this time. i am working on this.
wonderful tribute my dearest friend, it contains the answers.
thank you forever.
What a beautiful tribute, thank you for your honesty and blessings.
Post a Comment