Monday, December 31, 2012
So Long 2012...
Another year gone by! Sitting in reflection I realize even with all that has transpired in our world, it was a year that brought many of us closer together, albeit by loss or tragedy. We've learned how to endure the tough times in our despair and grief and even our anger/fear over some of the atrocities we have been witness to in our nation and in the world.
WE have connected our hearts to people, and places and in spite of everything, I feel we have learned to value life more, we've learned to love deeper, we've opened ourselves up to new possibilities that what we observe, do and say, matters, and for that I'm so extremely grateful. So I say so long to 2012 and with hope in my heart for a better year ahead, welcome 2013 to cross the threshold of my door and windowsills and bring in fresh energies that will lend itself to new hope, faith, peace, abundance, prosperity, joy, and a loving, kind, compassionate prayer that all humankind will bond together in heart with one another, as we comprehend that our differences is what makes life beautiful.
My grandson, FireKeeper, asked me the other day what kind of resolutions I made for the New Year!
I told him I never make them anymore, as in the years I did make them, I never seemed to reach the goals I'd set out to accomplish, and as you grow older and hopefully a little wiser you learn to live in the moment so that each moment is the resolution/goal. In reflection of that statement, I realize perhaps I do make resolutions/goals, in that I do make it a practice to pray each day, to try to be kind and compassionate, and look to future moments to better myself or the world I live in by loving more and caring more about things that matter to me. Guess this old girl is feeling a bit wistful this morning, ha ha ha.
On a lighter note, the blizzard we were supposed to get turned out to be a few inches of freezing rain as well as a few inches of snow. We've had a few snow showers since then but nothing to write home about. We got just enough to freeze the lock on my car door on the driver's side and cold enough to drain the battery. It's been sitting ever since. I managed to get into it with the help of my neighbor lady, Gwenn, and got the snow cleared off, but still the battery is dead and I've been waiting for a few days of warmer weather so I can attend to that.
Most of the snow went to the north of me where they got hit pretty good. It looks like we'll get more snow this coming week.
I hope every wonderful reader of this blog had a nice Christmas and time to spend with your family and loved ones?
Well then, my wish for you for the coming New Year is whatever you may need to be fulfilled. May you never hunger or thirst, always be safe and protected, have a warm place to call home, and a longing in your heart for world peace and connection to one another in all the things that really matter.
You matter to me!!!
Happy, Happy New Year!!!
P.S. Sorry I've been so quiet of late...I haven't really been feeling very well....but I will make it around to your blogs when I can and hopefully comment and not just read!
Sending you my love....
Akasa
Labels:
2012,
2013,
Happy New Year,
reflections
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sorry to hear you have been under the weather. Know that I am here for you if you need me. Happy New Year dear friend. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.
Mary
Very sorry you haven't been feeling well; I hope 2013 brings you good health and a light spirit!
Post a Comment