Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Solstice Everyone!















Happy Solstice, Full Moon and Summer!
It's been an action packed month for me
so far and it doesn't look like it will be
letting up anytime soon.  I don't know
about the rest of you but the energies
have been high for me and I've been
getting a lot accomplished this month.
So much has happened since I last 
posted.

I wanted to share with all of you a 
meditation I did this morning.  It's a 
Summer Meditation for the Water.
One that will transport you to....well I 
don't want to spoil it...you can follow
the link, he he.  It was a beautiful way
to start my Summer Solstice this a.m.

I have been trying to post it since 7 a.m.
but in using Windows Internet Explorer
I am unable to post photo's on Blogger.
I had to switch over to Mozilla Firefox.
Has anyone else had problems with up-
loading photo's? If I have any more
problems with Blogger I am going to be
heading to WordPress.  It just is not 
worth the hassle each time I come here
to share.  I will of course let everyone
know where I will be heading.

So...last time I posted I mentioned that
my Grandson, FireKeeper had flipped over
his handlebars on his bike.  Good news is
he didn't break any bones...he may have
had a slight fracture to the collar bone
but because he is experiencing new bone
growth, they were unable to detect any
fracture underneath that.  He had to wear
an arm sling for a few days and then do
some exercises to begin being able to
start using his arm again.  He also was
taking a pain med as his pain level was
up more than regular ibuprofen or 
acetaminophen could work for it.  Being
he'll be thirteen this year, his pain did
not hold him back for long and within 
several days he was back up and running.

Now it is summer and both he and his
sister have been busy swimming, riding
the horse, fishing and just hanging out
with friends, doing what any other child
does in summer time, plus eat lots of
popsicles.  Ahhh....where has youth fled
to?  

As for me, well, I have been having the
most enlightening time tapping into the
spaces between breaths...a liminal state
where I push through whatever is going
on in the moment, and experiencing the
Holy in ways I hadn't before.  It is hard
to explain in human words, but it has 
been profound, joy-filled, even while I
am experiencing the pain of what I am
pushing through.

For instance...I have never been a good
receiver of gifts...perhaps it goes back
to my childhood when I felt guilty for
getting something that perhaps my
siblings didn't get, I'm not really sure.
Suffice it to say though that I always
felt guilty, sometimes embarrassed 
and I didn't know how to graciously
accept the gift even though I thanked
the person giving it, I'd say things like
'Oh, you shouldn't have done that,' or 
some such nonsense.  That lesson has
been brought to me over and over again.
And now?  Well, I just get so excited
and feel so happy that someone would
think of me and want to give me a gift
that I honestly giggle and cry at the
same time.  It's amazing.

As I am writing this I am pulling up
feelings from Sunday School and Church
where we are taught it is better to give
than to receive....I think perhaps the 
lesson in that is that we take away the
joy from the giver if we do not graciously
accept a gift...it is a gift to them too?
I'm thinking I never got that part early
on.  Any thoughts on this?  How many
of you have experienced something like
this?

Speaking of gifts, I received two really
heart-touching gifts recently from two
womyn I met in the Blog world who've
become my Spiritual Sister/Friends.  I
feel like I've known them all of my life
and perhaps some previous lifetimes
as well.  We definitely have a silver-
chord connection...our universal 
umbilical chord...I can't even imagine 
a life walk without them in it.  One is 
Merry Me from Random Thoughts.  She
sent me a gorgeous Bone Sigh art print
accompanied by a Bone Sigh art card
and letter as a house-warming gift.
You can find Bone Sighs by looking on
the right side of my blog under gifts
girlfriends give girlfriends.  Terri
St. Cloud is the proud owner and 
beautiful brave girl of Bone Sighs.
She's another one of those womyn
I couldn't imagine going through life
without.  Just sayin'!  :)

Then there is my Sister/Friend Sorrow
whose blog is Canopy in the Sunlight.
Sorrow saw that I wanted to build a 
Fairy Garden with my Grandaughter,
so she sent along little things to put
in my garden, little miniatures of a 
bridge, a birdbath, little stepping stones,
a water vessel, all so adorable.  We 
have not had a chance to build it yet,
but I'm thinking this weekend would be
a good time.

If you get a chance to visit either one of
these womyn do so...they are both artists
and have much to share straight from the
heart.  I love them so much and I love
Terri St. Cloud too!  :)

Well, the skies are darkening out there,
and a storm is brewing...I can hear the 
thunder so I'd better get off here for now
and shut this computer down.

I'll be back later on to write more and
catch up with everyone on their blogs.

Here's wishing for you a day filled with
all things good, peaceful, joyous and 
happy...

Namaste'
Akasa


8 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Wishing you a Happy Solstice, dear friend. I'm feeling badly that I never got your gift out. It's just been so hectic since I made the decision to retire. Spending lots of time tying up loose ends at work and dealing with doctors and appointments, and medicare, pensions, etc all at once. Promise as soon as I settle down I'll get to the post office.
Love you my sister friend.
Mary

Sandy Sandy Art said...

A lovely post Ajasa! Happy Summer and many blessings too you as well!! Hugs, Sandy

Merry ME said...

Sisterfriend,
I feel the same way about receiving gifts. I'm just not comfortable. I don't feel "unworthy" anymore, just kind of off center.
Glad you are settling in and staying busy.
Please send pictures of the fairy house!
Sending sunny thoughts and hugs,
Merry Me

Forest Dream Weaver said...

Hello Akasa!
Thanks for the links.
I've just done the meditation and am feeling really calm and happy.At first I thought I didn't have time but decided to go with it and suspend judgement.....thank you.
Glad to hear your grandson is fine and that you are settling in well.
Wishing you a pleasant solstice weekend.

Ruby

Anonymous said...

((((HUGS))))
~s~

Unknown said...

I love the idea of building
a fairy garden with your
grandaughter. I am hoping
we will have Tia this summer
once again.

Happy Solstice to you sister
of my heart.

Hope your humming bird
has returned.

loving blessings being
sent your way.
hugs Sharon

Folkways Note Book said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK. I just finished reading and looking at your photos on your blog. Wonderful! I am basically off for the summer but when I am back on full-time I will chick in with your blog. -- barbara

Ashling said...

Friend, you are missed, and your absence from blogging worries me.....praying all is well.