
Rustic charm, a photo by SolsticeSol on Flickr.
I couldn't resist posting this picture today...Teresa who is one of my contacts on Flickr takes the greatest photos...and right now my heart is calling me to experience finding an old pier with a bench, while throwing in a line from an old fashioned bamboo fishing pole and catching me a mess of pan fish. Mostly it's all about the serenity and peace.
It has been a wild night around here...FireKeeper, my Grandson took a nose dive from his bike last evening and hurt himself pretty badly...we still don't know to what extent as my Daughter sat in the emergency room with him for almost five hours and they still were no closer to finding out if his shoulder was broken or not. FireKeeper is in a great deal of pain, and when my Daughter asked for something for the pain for him after three hours (he hadn't been seen yet) they gave him an ice pack. Can you believe it? My DD said when they got there at 8 p.m. there was only one other person in the waiting room...of course while they sat there it began to fill up...it took the whole time for them to take x-rays of my Grandson's shoulder and knee as he felt them both pop when he landed and he couldn't move either one, so in my world that is just unacceptable. I know they take patients in order of need, but a child with broken bones is a pretty tall precedence I'd think. I guess there was another very small child around two, that was sitting there with a broken bone too. So by 11:45, they still hadn't read his x-rays, determined a thing, or given my Grandson anything for the pain, he was tired beyond belief and hungry, so my DD asked how much longer it was going to be and they told her they had no way of knowing that for her to go and sit back down and wait like everyone else. She said the other woman she'd been sitting with initially was getting angry and so they got the security guard to speak with her. The thing of it is, is this is supposed to be our new and improved state of the art emergency facility and I've heard time and again, how people are made to wait extremely long periods before anything gets done. I'm sure they had to go through shift changes which means a meeting between nurses and doctors to discuss what is going on with the patients but come on....really? So...long story short, my DD is taking my Grandson to his Ped's doctor this morning and who knows what will happen from there...I do hope he hasn't broken anything...I'm praying nothing is broken!!!
My Grandaughter spent the night with me then...and she was a bit grouchy this morning...we all overslept, which meant she was about 25 minutes late for school. That was my fault...I couldn't stay asleep last night. I was up every hour on the hour and when I woke up at four I thought it was just too early to get up so I fell back asleep and then didn't wake up until 8 a.m., woke with a jolt, having subconsciously known I had overslept. Anywho...everyone is where they are supposed to be right now and hopefully now all will be resolved.
I also wanted to let everyone know that I am going to be working on my Stone Soup blog...somehow the other day I inadvertanly erased all of the blogs I go to and they aren't showing up on my side bar...also I have to figure out why I can't post a pic from computer as I compose a post. I can't even see the icon for it. The toolbar stops at text color. So...I'm sure I'll be down for a few days as I do a make-over. I need to redo everything here and take it back to basics...delete some contacts I have as some of them haven't posted in a year or so. Time to do some late spring cleaning.
Then, I need to clean out my computer again...when I was busy with the move, many things got backed up, such as my inbox and over 1000 emails I haven't even opened, and my photos need to be gone through as well as a few of my other files. That will take some time to get through. I hope you can bear with me.
It's a very cool morning here in Southern Wisconsin...when I woke up, I opened up the patio doors and stepped out on the deck and it was windy, chilly, and misting out. Right now I'm noticing the clouds moving at a good clip, the helicopter, whirligig seeds fall from the Maple Tree, and the fluff from the dandelion seed floating through the air...the birds are a little silent this morning too. Perhaps they are all flocked up keeping warm, as I don't even see any. Two days ago I spotted my first Monarch Butterfly as it landed on some wild cabbage leaf out here...it surely brought a smile to my heart. My new little chipmunk buddy comes to visit each afternoon as I've been throwing out bread chunks for the critters...he's so funny and fat....and his message for me has not gone unnoticed.
Well...I must close for this time, but I'm wishing for You a day filled with serenity in whatever you endeavor. Be filled with peace and Mother/Father God Love and spread it around to those who may need a listening ear, a hug or a hand-up...we all need one another.
All My Love,
Akasa
4 comments:
Please post an update when you know something.....wishing him a speedy recovering and you a quiet, peaceful pier.
So sorry about what happened to your grandson. Reminds me of when my youngest was about four. We were walking down the sidewalk, and I was holding his hand. Suddenly,without warning he just sat down to play with a piece of paper. His elbow came out of joint and I took him to the emergency room. I waited and waited. Finally, a nurse came and said she would help me. All it took was two minutes for her to pop it into place.
Mary
sending healing thoughts to your grandson and wishing him a fast recovery.
Oh you poor dearest one
I am sorry about your
grandson.
Waiting times up to
10 hours up here in
Canada. So I know what
you had to endure.
I wish you sunshine
and buckets of love
to carry that big fish
you are about to catch.
You are at the rivers
edge reeling him in
with the biggest smile
on your gracious face.
love you sister of my heart
better days ahead.
lots of love
may butterflies
flutter across your
path.
xoxoxoxoxox
Post a Comment