Saturday, May 4, 2013

Spring is Here!!!

Spring Fantasy by kezwan
Spring Fantasy, a photo by kezwan on Flickr.


I've been sitting here watching Mother Earth's inhabitants wake up this morning...the crows have said it's time to get moving!  So...with that I will quick get this post written and then it is off to the laundry room to do another load of laundry and try to tackle my bedroom today...a bit at a time.

Yesterday late afternoon I was moving a small bookcase in my living room and glanced out my patio window as I saw something move, and to my delight there were two Mourning Doves walking around on the deck...I stood very still to see what they were doing.  Both of them were pruning their feathers and then one fluffed up its tail feathers and pooped on the deck!  LOL...so I have christened the deck the Poop Deck! 

Dove medicine is feminine, bringing peace and prophecy to us...it is maternal instinct connected to Mother Earth and her creative energy.  Dove calls to our deepest self and stirs our emotions and her voice is a rain song and speaks to us of new beginnings.  All are speaking to me right now, especially her gentleness of spirit.  She reminds me to be gentle with myself, my surroundings, my relationships, and that Spirit is speaking to me, to listen to the messenger...so that I will do to be sure.

While everything went according to plan as far as the move was concerned I did have some snafu's...the brakes went out on my car just a few days after getting it up and running again after the winter. *sigh*  So now I have to save for that as it took a big chunk of change to get moved.  I also dropped two oxygen tanks on my foot and bruised up my toes...talk about graceful!  he he he  It hurt like crazy at the time but thankfully the toes don't hurt...they are just bruised and quite the sight!  I also made the talk of the building as I parked in someone's parking place who'd been parking in that space for 6 years!  That's where Carol parks!  Now mind you there is no assigned parking here and the Apartment Manager never mentioned a thing to me...it is not in the Rules either so guess what?  Akasa is still parked there and probably will be until I can get my brakes taken care of...nothing like moving in somewhere and changing up the energy eh?  Of course I hate the fact that I've caused someone to be upset but it's a parking space for crying out loud and I am not going to play political dwelling games with these people.  I'm not into drama.  I'm sixty years old for goodness sake.

Several of the residents...both older women, greeted me and welcomed me.  It is pretty quiet here I've found and for that I'm grateful.  There are basically older people and those who are physically challenged in my building.

The grandchildren have stopped over one at a time to see me...Firekeeper came over the day my internet and phone were hooked up and took my garbage out for me and then yesterday Little Grandmother did.  I slipped them both a little stipend and told them I appreciated their help but that I wouldn't be able to pay them each time and they understand.  They were just happy to get what they did and popsicles too of course!  :)

So...I hope everyone is having a great start to May, that all of you are in good health and spirit, and know how much I've missed communing with you...I'll be around to visit pretty soon and if you can't find me look in the boxes in my bedroom...I'm stuck and can't get out.  Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

In Radiant Blessing,
Akasa

2 comments:

DancingFire said...

I am so happy to hear that you got moved ok and that things are good except for your toes.Love you to the end of the Earth where it makes it's new beginning to create the the circle once again...Be well and happy...

Willow said...

Welcome to your new home. I am glad all the feathered ones are bringing you blessings. Though the brakes have been put on travel mobility for a bit , your nesting will rest your feathers and allow you to settle in .
Be well my friend,
Willow