Thursday, May 16, 2013
Powerful Energies....
Ever feel like you are being pulled in a million different directions in a day and you haven't even left your home, chair, or whatever spot you are in?
I have felt like that since the New Moon and Ring of Fire Solar Eclipse on the 9th. One moment I'm happily tootling along putting stuff away, planting seeds in pots, loading the dishwasher and then bam! Slam! Woosh! All of a sudden I feel like crying or like I'm being thrown down a well, with no hope of daylight to be seen again.
I pay particular attention to the astrological energies as it gives me insight as to why emotions, or feelings, clarity or insight happen at a certain moment in time. Which is why I post these videos made for us by Tom Lescher, whom I think is awesome, but I do follow other astrologers as well.
So when I started listening to this particular video this morning things started to make sense...never mind the fact it has been in my inbox for several days...what can I say? LOL
For the past several days I would start out in the morning connecting with Source, feel grateful and blessed for a new day, new beginning and by mid-morning something would palpably shift in me. For instance...I follow the politics of Wisconsin as this is where I live and found out that for those people who receive Food Stamps, a new and improved way of buying your food has been implented! For cryin' out loud...give me a break! Under Walker's regime, and his minions, those receiving Food Stamp benefits can no longer buy brown eggs, spaghetti sauce, white potatoes, white rice, carbonated beverages, ketchup, potato chips,blah, blah, blah...all under the guise of promoting healthy eating habits. In other words, we are too stupid to buy and cook healthy foods for ourselves and our families. The more I think about this the more mental I become about it.
I receive Food Stamps as I am no longer able to work. (Trust me I wish I could!!!) I receive a pittance believe me and it is meant as a supplement to what I receive monetarily...I GET THAT! But to have the powers that be tell me I cannot buy something just goes against everything inside me. I find this to be very discriminatory towards people who do get Food Stamps, most, through no fault of their own. Some do abuse the system yes, but many in our country have been laid off, only work part-time and are trying to raise families, as well as disabled folks like myself, single moms or dads trying to make ends meet, veterans who cannot find work, do you see what I'm sharing here?
Whose business is it if I am not feeling well and decide to eat a sandwich with a few chips and a pickle instead of cooking a meal because my Fibromyalgia is in flare or my COPD is particularly bad that day and cannot cook? So I decide to make something quick and easy? Who the hell are these people who feel they have to micro-manage the lives of folks under the pretense of only wanting them to be healthy?
In my view, I should think that for those who don't understand the value of nutrition would be better served by educating them, not limiting their grocery list with these stupid ideologies. Am I missing the larger picture here?
I mean come on! First they want to control our vaginas, and now they want to control our sugar intake, & our junk food intake. I bet none of them would walk this walk. They'd be totally offended, as am I. I've raised my children on a working woman's wages, with little to no help from the government, paid my taxes and my way in life and now...I just get nailed from every direction, when I should be concentrating on other things in my life. Is it my choice to concentrate on this crap? Yes, it is, and I'm well aware we need to pick our fights but some days, like I said, I wake up feeling happy and full of the spirit of life and then Woosh! Bam! Slam! Someone decides to poop on my parade...and it makes me want to pull the covers over my head and not get out of bed.
The thing of it is...as a single mom I worked many long hours and would come home and make a full-fledged meal for my children, many times when all I wanted to do was sit down because I was so tired, but as a conscientious mother does, she takes care of her family first and puts her own needs on the back burner. Should mother's be penalized because she wants to make a quick meal sometimes? NO!
Should our lawmakers be telling us how to live inside our own homes? NO! Should they be concerned with obesity, diabetes, or whatever dis-ease? YES! But put the monies where they will do the most good instead of trying to make people do something.
Okay...now that I have that rant off my chest I feel better...and I am going to contact my State Rep today and share what I have shared here. Hopefully somebody listens to me. One thing to note...Food Stamps is a Federal Program run by the State so I'm not sure how the States can implement this in legal terms...I'm praying they won't be able to! And then I'll continue to buy the good foods I've always bought, make my own meals, and even stock in some of the stuff that is not so good for me on those days I am unable to cook, like a can of soup (its on the list too!). 'Nuff said!!!
So...if you are feeling wacked out, foggy, etc...perhaps it is the energies coming to us at this time...seems we are in some powerful stuff at the moment. I'd better be more aware and try to stay out of these modes! Ha!
On a much brighter note...I've planted nasturtiums,
whose flowers are edible and I like to put in salads,
as well as chives which are so delicious in many dishes...I love their light oniony flavor and use them in place of onions many times as I like the freshness they exude.
Today I hope to get in pots some cucumbers and my cherry tomatoes I picked up...the nights have been staying warm enough now to get them in without having to cover them up...I'll keep my eye on the weather as this Spring has been strange in terms of cooler than normal temps and lots and lots of rain. The farmers around here are now getting their crops in the fields and hopefully we will have a good summer as far as rainfall and temps go. I hope to get in some black-seeded Simpson as well for my salads.
I saved one pot I have for my fairie garden and am going to embelish it this year...right now I only have moss in it and a few stones but I am going to start building it and hopefully my Grandaughter will want to get in on it. :)
Here's a cute one from Photobucket...
I so enjoy sitting out on my deck in the early morning and late evening...I find myself wandering out that way many times during the day to check on the resident wild-life, and to feed the birds. Or to bring myself back into balance...I surely need that! :) I've been taking short walks too and putting out my feelers around here. It takes time getting to know your surroundings.
So...I've yakked enough about me today...hope this finds all well in YOUR part of the world and that you are happy and healthy in all the ways that matter.
Thanks for listening to me get stuff off my chest..I feel much lighter now and am able to move on. Whew! Life certainly is full of ups and downs but I'm not going to let it keep me down! A nap or two, a walk and fresh air, a good dig in the dirt, and spending time listening to Spirit helps us all.
I love you and have a beautiful Spring Day! (Soon it will be Summer Solstice!)
Thanks for fluttering by!
Akasa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
And I thought our mayor and his soda ban were 'off the hook'. I understand what you are saying. It seems that government is going too far lately.
Meanwhile, how is the new home. I need your address if you don't mind.
Love you,
Mary
I agree. I have been there and done that. Take care of the seniors and Americans in general!!!!! Take good care of seniors. Good money has been thrown after bad, in the billions, and our government still sends money to other countries.
It is good you can have your potted plants! A garden of your own, a fairy garden, feed the soul.
I love the colorful flowers, warm colors.
First: brown eggs???? That's just stupid.
You have enough to deal with; you don't need to jump through other hoops, strangers deciding whether you are 'allowed' to buy a freakin' can of soup. Totally understand your rant.
Love your bright orange flowers though!!!
Don't stop in as often as I should....I apologize for that. Glad you got this off your chest......life is difficult enough to navigate without others ALWAYS sticking their noses in our business.
Have a beautiful day
Jo,
Sounds like the garden is coming along well. That will bring great peace and yummy fresh things to eat.
I did go to look at flowers and plants for my terrace and bought my
daughter some flowers whilst there.
I will wait till I get moved in and then get myself the flowers and tomato plants etc. Maybe even a little table and chairs for outside.
Sorry to hear about the cutbacks on the food stamps. You know exactly how I feel about government. It does not matter if we are talking about my government or yours, same difference.
They have cut a lot of medications from the list of what they will cover. The cost of living keeps going up but the pension cheques do not reflect any increase.
Personally I think they feel the sooner they get rid of the boomers the better off everyone will be.
Chin up girl, better days ahead for us soon. The weather has been spectacular up here in Canada.
I am still packing bins here and have not had a chance to get out there and enjoy the sun.
Counting down the days now.
love you hugs and kisses
hugs Sharon
Post a Comment