Monday, April 9, 2012

Snatam Kaur - Earth's Prayer



Be like a tree in pursuit of your cause.
Stand firm, grip hard, thrust upward, bend to
the winds of heaven, and learn tranquility.

~Dedication to Richard St. Barbe Baker,
  Father of the Trees~

When you walk across the fields with your mind pure and holy,
then from all the stones, and all growing things, and all animals,
the sparks of their soul come out and cling to you, and then they
are purified and become a holy fire in you.

~Hasidic Saying~

Watching gardeners label their plants
I vow with all beings
to practice the old horticulture
and let the plants identify me.

~Robert Aitken~

Where I sit is holy,
Holy is the ground.
Forest, mountain, river,
Listen to the sound.
Great Spirit circle
All around me.

~Anonymous~

Wishing everyone a most lovely and peaceful week ahead!  :)

I hope your Easter/Ostara/Passover was everything you needed
it to be?  As for me and my house I did get to spend some time
with my Grands...they stopped in to gather the goodies Grandma
got for them...I picked up some cute little bags with an Easter/
Springtime theme on them and filled them with popcorn, pencils,
badminton racket and birdie, bubble gum, some Mexican candies,
hot chocolate, balloons....not your usual stuff, but I am not your
usual kind of Grandma I suppose, lol.  I actually don't like buying
any candy but broke down and gave them the bubble gum and
Mexican candies.  Anywho...we ended up outside playing badminton
and they did quite well considering how windy it was.  After that
they gathered dandelions and violets for me so I could make a
bouquet...we brought them in and made our bouquet and I have
them proudly displayed on my kitchen windowsill.  I adore those
little springtime flowers...they are too early of course, but I am
not complaining as I get to reap the benefits of their beauty!  :)

My Grandson, FireKeeper, also helped me move my hummingbird
feeder stand to a different part of the yard here...last year the
sparrows wanted nothing more than to be territorial with Miss
Hummingbird, so I decided it is best to move it...where it is
now I can sit in my chair and see her come to feed.

Of course we had to pop some popcorn to eat which they barely
had time for, as their Mom pulled in the driveway then and started
honking the horn...places to go, people to see I guess and she
is an impatient woman.  Sadly our time together was cut short.
I can hardly wait till I move so I can see more of them.  They'll
be able to pop in whenever they want as we will both be living
in the same apartments.

I spent the rest of my day in leisure...reading a little, making
something to eat, watching a little tele, nothing really spectacular
but the respite was welcome as last week had been a busy week
for me.

Now onto this week and already this morning I am busy...so I
won't keep you.  Monday's are an otherworldly kind of day as we
settle in to the work week once again, eh?

May the Longtime Sun Surround You and Bring You Peace...

A'HO!

5 comments:

Merry ME said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I'm excited that you'll be have more "grand" time after you move. That makes the hard work worthwhile!

mxtodis123 said...

What a wonderful Easter you had! Hummingbirds. You're so lucky. Have you had a chance to check out Phoebe. My goodness, she's already on her third hatchlings and we're not even out of April.

Beautiful quotes. Mind if I print them out?
Mary

Robin Larkspur said...

Love the poems and quotes today. Even though your visit with the Grands was short, it sounds like it was a good Quality time. Love the thought of the little bouquets of dandlions and violets! Very sweet. Take good care, and have a super week! Hugs and blessings. Robin.

julie said...

Hi beautiful sister...so glad you had time with your Grands. My almost 14 year old grandson lives on the same land I do with his mom and dad. I am so blessed to have him so close. I was in the delivery room when he was born...we have a deep love and I am so lucky that he still likes to hang out with me. Great joy in the Grands...yes indeed. Your's are so lucky to have YOU...what wisdom and grace you have to share. xoxo

the wild magnolia said...

how pleasing to read of you fun Easter with the grands. I am happy you will be near them, i'm thinking this will be way too much fun.

stand firm, grip hard....i like this so much. sometimes i feel i am falling off. :-)

the sparks of their soul come out and cling to you....oh my a thriller...

we are going to South Georgia next...

i'll be posting what we are doing in this area.

may the longtime sun surround you and bring you peace.....

you are so much fun....so neat...

happy everything.