Friday, April 13, 2012

Song of Myself




I love the fact that synchronistically speaking, things come
to us, speak to us, in so many different ways...
This week has been no different.  Everywhere I turn I seem
to fall upon a quote by Walt Whitman that turns inward...
like a worm of some sort imbedding its way under my skin.
As a thought just now, I decided to see if perhaps there
were videos on You Tube about Walt Whitman...and voila'!

And then I decided to look up a few quotes...which I share
with you now, but first may I say...I would have loved to
sit and have dinner and conversation with this man...his
thinking, feeling and penning words amaze me.  They bring
home songs to myself as he so amazingly writes.




"And your very flesh shall be a great poem."

"I celebrate myself, and sing myself."

"I have learned that to be with those I like is enough."

"I say to mankind, Be not curious about God.  For I, who
am curious about each, am not curious about God-I hear
and behold God in every object, yet understand God not
in the least."

"If anything is sacred, the human body is sacred."

"Now I see the secret of making the best person:  it is to
grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth."

"Re-examine all that you have been told...dismiss that
which insults your soul."

"To me every hour of the light and dark is a miracle.
Every cubic inch of space is a miracle."

So...holding these words within my heart space today, I
go to further embark upon this days journey...and wish for
you a Happy Friday the 13th, miracles in all shapes and sizes,
and Beauty Before, Behind, Beside, Above, Below, and
Within You!

Cascading Blessings,
Akasa


 

4 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

Simply beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

angela recada said...

Ah yes, I love Walt Whitman's writings, too. This is a wonderful, wonderful post. Thank you. Happy 13th to you, and a happy weekend, as well
xoxoxo

mxtodis123 said...

Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Hope your weather is going to treat you well.
Mary

Ashling said...

Awesome post....the older I get, the more appreciation I have for Whitman.

And I love the colored stones on top of your page; how happy & cheerful they are!