Sunday, October 21, 2012
What a Week!
This has been sitting in my inbox for a few days and I've wanted to get in here and post it, but alas, life intervened. It's been a wild and crazy week around my tipi!
First let me share that this past week I entered a giveaway over at Robin Larkspur's "Wiccan Writes"
(Robin Dear? He He...please don't shoot me but I went over to your blog and snatched the photos so I could show everyone here since I don't have a digital camera?) I hope you don't mind too much Sister Soul, and I will delete them from my files when I am done here, and as you can see I've given a link to your blog so our Dear Readers can see what other lovely gifts you gave away. Folks, I really do care about Robin! First of all, she is a wise and compassionate woman, who is easy to love...not to mention she is an advocate for the animals. I could go on and on but I want you to go over and meet her for yourself. :) So...on to the gift I received and fell in love with!
It's a beautiful woodland faerie calender and a luscious smelling vanilla cookie! You could smell the cookie before you even opened the package!
She also sent the cutest Halloween Card with it...of a ghost hovering over a spookey staircase overlit by a chandelier in shadow of course, and spiderwebs hanging and mouse on the bottom step. Inside read, Over the floor and down the wall, Like ghosts the shadows rise and fall! ~Edgar Allan Poe~ Cute eh? She had the cookie safely wrapped in bubble wrap, several times over, and the bubble wrap in plastic bags, several times over, lol...and a little note that said "you'd think this cookie was the crown jewels!" Robin...just so you know the cookie arrived intact! :) And then! The calendar is sooo awesome...the first page I opened up to was January and it was a faerie done in silvers, whites, and different shades of blue and lavender who had a white wolf sitting with her! Oh Yay! One of my totems and the one that has been with me the longest in life. All of the months are just gorgeous and I cannot wait until I am able to hang it proudly in my home. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Robin for your lovely kind heart and gifts!!!
I had a busy week here...running, running, running and today I am worn out...actually I was tired everyday but felt good about it as I have been getting many things accomplished. I had a Doctor's appointment on Thursday...a check-up and I was very pleased with the outcome. I've lost six more pounds, which I am over the top happy about. It is a result of the Metformin I am taking for my Diabetes (sp? where is spell check now that Blogger has changed the dashboard?). It takes away your appetite and nothing sounds good to eat, for me at least. I can hardly complain though, as I have been overweight for some years through all of the med's I'm on, or have been on, so this is regulating the false appetite I've had due to those meds. Sooo... Before I was put on Metformin I had been working very hard to change my diet by eating small portions every few hours, like an apple or a small portion of vege's, or grains, and I'd make my main meal at the middle of the day and I did lose weight...a pound or so a month, then two months ago after I started the Metformin things began to move along. To date I have lost a total of twenty-five pounds this year and am very proud of myself.
I had to have my blood drawn to see where my blood sugar is as I don't have to do daily pokes and the Doctor is checking my cholesterol and other levels as well, to see if my meds are causing my dizziness all of the time. I take too many Meds and talked with her about it at length so we are changing things around. All in all it was a good visit and I'm satisfied with what I found out. Onward and Upward!
It was my Daughters B'Day on Friday...the big 34! She was not in a good mood. :( No amount of joking around could bring her out of it so finally I just gave up and left it alone. It didn't make for a very happy birthday and left me feeling sad for her but it is her choice to be that way so what can I do? I baked her a cake and gave her a small gift and card as well as made a luncheon for everyone. I wanted to take her out for lunch, just her and me, as we never get to do things one on one but she wasn't into that...I wanted to go poking and digging at the Goodwill, St.Vincent De Paul, and one other store like that but she didn't want to do that either, so what are you gonna do? I'll let her wallow in her own muck and when she is ready she will come around. I don't buy into cowtowing to people who act like a grump and expect people to fall all over them. NOpe! Not going to do that...I used to be the people pleaser, so much so that I'd put my own needs behind everything and everyone else and as I've evolved I've learned the hard way what it does to one's own psyche and soul when we overdo to please others. So...enough of that!
Today I'm going to bask in the last warm days here in Southern Wisconsin...by week's end they are talking snow? Until then I'm taking full advantage of wrapping things up...
I wish for You, Dear Sisters and Brothers of the Universe, smooth sailing...on the wings of your dreams, hearts to love, and blessings of the season!
A'HO!
Akasa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Congrats on the weight loss. That's quite an accomplishment. I've found that it was much easier to lose when I was younger.
And congrats on your prize. What a fantastic gift. Like you, I am without a camera at the present time, but can take some photos with my phone. They are usually not too clear though.
Blessings to you on a fantastic Sunday. You've been running about all week. Take this as a day of rest, my dear sister, friend.
Mary
Akasa, so glad the calendar and cookie arrived safely. Thanks for the many kind words, you are making me blush!
Congrats on the weight loss! Sending thoughts of good health to you!
Too bad your daughter was a grump, and you were trying to make the day nice for her.
Hope you do not get snow yet..it is too soon.
Congratulations on winning such lovely goodies! And your daughter WILL come around. You're wise to let her be. Snow already? Well, guess that goes with the territory of living in Wisconsin. Me, I'm begrudging the too-warm-for late-October weather!
Post a Comment