Friday, October 26, 2012
You have to just love Ellen!!!
I mean seriously?!!! And then there is Tina Fey...you gotta love her comments too! "If I have to listen to one more grey faced man explain to me what rape is, I'm going to lose my mind!" I'm sure you've heard it already, but in case you haven't here is a link...Tina Fey Blasts Politicians. When I think of what is going on in the Politcal sphere, I want to rant and rave till every woman in the United States, and quite possibly the whole world hears me...for those who haven't figured it out yet, we have on our hands an out and out War On Women! I for one do not want politicians in my bedroom or in my Doctor's office telling me what I can and cannot do with my body!!!! I do not want men telling me that my brain is incapable of handling everyday affairs of the home, family, workplace, that I am not worth enough to be paid the same as a man in the workplace, even though I do the same exact work, (and if truth be known probably more!). I am sick of this crap and more! My hope and prayer is that every woman use the power of their voice and vote!!! Stand strong in your convictions and don't be swayed...we are at mass pivotal point in Herstory here folks. I thank folks like Tina Fey and Ellen Degeneres who have a platform to use and use it for the benefit of all women. The time grows short...will you use your power?
On a lighter note...it is one chilly but sunny day here in Southern Wisconsin...yesterday blew in cloudy and rainy skies...it was very blustery! A typical late October/Autumn Day and reminded me so much of Halloween and our upcoming Samhain celebrations/rituals. I've been busy collecting pretty leaves that have blown in my yard as we have no trees save for evergreens. Just about all the trees have shed their leaves now, save for a few hardy ones. While I adore looking at the fall colors, I also love the starkness of winter trees against the backdrop of snow and cerulean skies, arms outstretched to hold us all. The Standing Tall Ones are amazing and I love connecting with their energy.
I wanted to let you all know that I finally heard from Sharon at Conscious Dreamer...she's been ill for a time now, and was diagnosed this week with Fibromyalgia after seeking out many Doctors. Whilst all this was transpiring, she had her internet shut down for a while. She is doing alright...and is in good spirits...we talked for about two hours on the phone and had a great visit. I told her I'd let everyone know on my blog so that others who visit her blog and wonder where she is and have been inquiring, will set their heart at ease. Of course we miss her and her wonderful poetry and uplifting comments very much...please keep her in your prayers and surround her in Creator's Love and Light? I thank you in advance. :)
I've also been busy building my Samhain altar...I wish I had a digital camera so I could take pics but sadly *sigh* I don't and can't afford one so I'll have to stick with my trusty little disposable and then get the pics developed and put on a CD so I can show them off at another time.
I got more good news this week...I'm fast moving up on the rental 'waiting' list. Now down to the 30's from the 70's so...I may be moving during January maybe? I had heard the 70's in August so it is moving along quite nicely. It will be good to have all these things that are seemingly looming over me finished and in my new digs near my Grands! Woo Hoo! Then they will be able to walk over to my apartment whenever they want, and that really brings smiles to my heart.
This weekend is a big Hallmark line-up on the tele with Halloween shows and I am ready! Plus, I've got a slew of books I'm moving through reading...just finished "Illumined"...a story about Hildegard Von Bigen. What an extraordinary woman she was, an Herbalist, Feminine Divine Seer/Prophetess, Writer, Poet, and one who fought the restrictions of Church, Men, Monks, Priests until she got her way. She's an Ancient Mother we all can aspire to. Do read this book by Mary Sharratt if you get the chance...you won't be disappointed.
They are predicting snow showers for our area this weekend and I'm going to spend my time indoors in the warmth and safety of my own little abode and watch all the fun movies and maybe even a few scary ones, pop some popcorn and eat some apples, and have a good weekend...Here's wishing for you the very same, a grand and glorious weekend!
A'HO!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am so relieved to here about Sharon. I was so worried about her. I'm all ready for this Hallmark weekend. Can't wait.
Mary
Akasa...I simply do not understand how Romney can be ahead in the polling of women??? What is going on???? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Blasted back to the 1950's. Have we come no futher than this?
xo
love, love...
ps you weekend sounds lovely.
I am horrified at the number of women who are supporting Romney. But they are hardly a majority. There are many many more who know what a backwards thinking person he is. Awful!
I am happy to hear that you are moving down on the list...maybe it will even go quicker!
Enjoy your weekend of movies!
Oh, I forgot to say thank you for sharing the Ellen clip! What a hoot! and yet...damn Bic men!
your indoor entertainment and foods sound grant, and fun too.
will be remembering Sharon, this is sad news. she commented on your blog is how i knew she had moved to another blog.
my Samhain celebrations will be low key. only a few remembrances. I will leave food out and glance behind the veil...
Post a Comment