This Morning Song is by Gila Antara. The song is Aja - Morning Song. I discovered Gila quite by accident the other night on You Tube and I instantly fell in love with her voice...it was a coming home for me, so I wanted to share that with you this morning as I sit here in the quiet contemplating the day.
I've been thinking about Spring and new beginnings but also about my Ancestors who've gone on before me...how they paved the way for me to have new beginnings...gave me signposts or guideposts along my journey...
As I was thinking about Spring, I thought about the medicine of Robin...what exactly does Robin bring to us? This messenger of Great Spirit tells us to Stop! Look! Listen! We evidence Robin doing this as he hops about Mother Earth. We assume he/she is using his echolation skills to find worms but that is not all he/she is doing...the males are territorial in the Spring of the Year and listen to other males singing in the vicinity as they want to outsing their counterparts in order to catch a mate. They will fight with another male over a female but usually it is done by their singing. Us humans could certainly take a lesson in that department...to sing our song forth without resorting to physical harm of another, to sing in new life, new growth, a herald that we will not align with negative attitudes so that we can move forward.
There are many myths and lore associated with Robin...one of which is that it obtained its Red Breast when it pulled a thorn from the crown of Christ's head while on the cross. Then of course their is the addage "the early bird gets the worm."
You might just want to do a little research for yourself and read about these industrious creatures.
Back to Morning Song...what song are you singing this morning? Are your notes loud and clear, or are they soft and humming, a tune only meant for your spirit, your heart...whatever the case may be, I wish for you a day filled with song, however it comes to you...
As an aside...I think Gila Antara hails from Wales...another place some of my Ancestors hailed from...she has a website if you are interested. I'll let you google it, lol, as I don't want to spam her by adding a link.
Through the weeks of deep snow
we walked above the ground
on fallen sky, as though we did
not come of root and leaf, as though
we had only air and weather
for our difficult home.
But now as March warms, and the rivulets
run like birdsong on the slopes,
and the branches of light sing in the hills,
slowly we return to earth.
~Wendell Berry~
an excerpt from Earth Prayers From Around
The World
Have a Beauty Way Day!
Akasa

5 comments:
I want to be sitting in a rocking chair across from that table, listening to this haunting music, and resonating with the love that is in me.
thank you for the beautiful music
the lessons and ways of the Robin
and a beautiful poem
lovely spring to you!
hey, lady........i just wanted to let you know i gave you an award! check it out over on my blog! :)
Her voice is very soothing and has a primal quality to it. It draws you into the orange, yellow and red of the
rising sun.
The rising fire of rising sun.
When I listen and close my eyes this is what I feel and sense.
She has the power to create a meditaive state much like Lisa Gerard
who is my very favourite.
Peace be with you sister of my
heart I love you and you are in
my thoughts.
love Sharon
thank you for posting this one.
XOXOXOXOXOXOX
Oh AksanaWolfSong. You share the loveliest things with us.
Be Well
Willow
Post a Comment