Tuesday, February 1, 2011
It's a Blizzard Here!
No...this isn't my house, but the way things
look outside right now, I don't know!
We are under Blizzard Warnings, and
Winter Storm Warnings till 3 p.m tomorrow.
Right now I'd say the wind is about 35+ miles
an hour if not stronger and with the wind chill
it is 3 degrees. I can sit here in my computer
chair and see the snow being blown straight
sideways. The flag on the flagpole is standing
straight out and whipping like crazy. I am not
sure how much is on the ground right now but
it has been snowing and blowing all day and
we still have tonight to get through. They are
predicting another 10-16 inches of snow.
Of course all the schools have already shut
down for tomorrow and my Grandkids are doing
the happy dance, lol. Firekeeper thinks he is
going sledding tomorrow, lol. Really? Oh to
be young again and full of vim and vigor!
It will be interesting to watch this all play out.
I just pray everyone stays safe and warm and
doesn't lose any power...and that goes for all
the way across the United States.
Speaking of Firekeeper, I found out a few days
ago he made Student of the Week two weeks
running. I am so proud of my Grandson...last
year at this time he was really struggling with
many life issues, but thankfully we enlisted the
help of a few within our school system, Doctors,
Therapists and Counselors who brought him up
and out of the dark night he was in and today
he is soooooo much better. My prayers and the
prayers of many of you were answered.
Hard to believe tomorrow is Candlemas already,
and New Moon to boot! I will be partaking in a
Water Healing and am really looking forward to
that, so if you don't see me around you know
what I'm up to.
I've been keeping myself pretty busy here at
home. I'm still going through old stuff I have
stored on my computer trying to get it totally
cleaned out...stuff that no longer resonates
with me or I just plain don't use anymore. It
is much like a house...you just continue to cull
out, don't you? We have to keep that energy
flowing. Speaking of keeping the energy flowing
I was out and about yesterday trying to pick up
a few things I thought I'd need to ride the storm
out. On my way, Beautiful Brother Crow was
watching over my travels...the first one I saw
was perched in a tree on very low branches which
hung over the street and he sat there staring as
I approached...as soon as I was under him he
began to caw at me...then a while later I saw
four more that were scavenging some animal
on the street that had been hit. They never like
to move when a car is coming at them and I
found myself talking out loud to them inside my
car, asking them to please fly up and away. I
would be devasted to hit a bird of any kind.
I hope this finds each one of you healthy in this
new year, and that you are safe and sound inside
your warm homes far and away from these winter
storms. I've had the candle lit for each one of my
blogging Sister/Friends and Brothers too! I so
appreciate each one of you!!!
I have been especially thinking of Mary today, as
today was her Father's funeral...and just kept
talking to her as if I were there walking beside
her. I'm not sure if it was a help or not but it
made me feel so much love for her and her family.
They've been through so much. So Mary if you
are reading this tonight, or even in the days ahead
please know how much I care...we are in that club
of women who've given their Fathers to Creator.
I celebrate with you, your Father's life.
Here's wishing for you a Wonderful Candlemas
however you choose to celebrate it....
If Candlemas day be sunny and bright,
Winter again will show its might.
If Candlemas day be cloudy and grey,
Winter soon will pass away.
Also...
If Candlemas day be fair and bright,
Winter will have another flight.
If Candlemas day be shower and rain,
Winter is gone and will not come again.
Labels:
Blizzard,
Candlemas,
Checking In
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Be safe, my dear friend. These blizzards can be brutal. Please try to check in and let us know you are all right. I will be worried.
We're in for an ice storm tonight, our 7th storm of the season...unheard of here. Why, they have even canceled the festivities for groundhog day already. I've already informed my employers that I will not even attempt to come in if it is a sheet of ice out there.
Mary
I have never heard of Candlemas. That snowy house looks like a popover ;-)
The weather's been mild and warm here, in the 70s and 80s as if summer's around the corner and I'm not happy about it.
Take care and blessings to you and yours,
Doris and Gizzy
Thank you, my friend.
I was surrounded by love today.
I am blessed.
Brrrr, try to stay warm :)
Post a Comment