Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Snow Silence....
Good Morning Everyone!
Just giving a shout out that I am alright!
I made it through the night without loss of
power and I'm so grateful for that as it is
a mess out there!
Governer Walker declared a State of Emergency
for 26 counties in Wisconsin and most roads in
my neck of the woods are impassable. Right
outside my door there are about 4 foot drifts,
and the wind continues to be a huge factor.
The snow is slowly winding down and supposed
to be finished by around noon. I'm sitting here
watching the weather on the television and I
am stunned by the scenarios...
Last evening I decided around 9 o'clock I'd best
take my shower in case the electricity went out,
and then I also gathered matches and candles
together, filled some water jugs, and charged my
cell phone, just in case. I'm so happy I didn't
need any of those. Nevertheless, I am snowed
under, and until my Landlord happens by I won't
be going anywhere, anytime soon. What I am
very grateful for is my being able to get my one
and only door open, should there be an emergency,
and I'm not going there! :)
What I am loving, is the total silence....the snow
absorbs all the sound. I have not heard the usual
traffic going by (well, there aren't many cars out
as we have been told to stay inside) but I think
I heard a snowplow a few minutes ago, not sure
as I didn't get up from my chair here...anywho, I
love this snow silence! It is good for this soul.
I hear the occasional patter of feet in the upstairs
apartment but other than that all is quiet. A very
good day for listening to some music, quietly
reading or even just 'being.' I am sure I will be
drawn to witness the progression of things out
of doors as they day traverses....Oh! The Sun
just poked its head through the clouds! Woo Hoo!
There is sunlight streaming across the floor! :)
How cool is that I ask you? He he he!
On a more serious note, I am asking you all to
keep Mother Aussie Land in your prayers...on top
of the terrible flooding they just experienced in
their homeland, now they are experiencing a
category 5 cyclone. A cyclone of this intensity
can bring about much destruction...so please
keep the lands and its peoples in your prayertime
throughout the day in accordance with your
Highest Good and that of Queensland. Our focus
should be on lessening the intensity of the cyclone.
Also if you feel so called to pray for Peace in Egypt,
and all Arab countries. Our focus should be that
stability, and illumination prevail...and that Divine
Intervention be made manifest, in the midst of
all the changes going on in their country.
I wish for you all a day of Peace and Love as we
celebrate St. Brighid's Day, Candlemas, and our
oh so funny way of celebrating Groundhog's day
in the U.S.
I'm off to prepare for my Water Healing Ceremony!
Have a Beauty Way Day My Pretties! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Glad to hear you are okay.
We are fine too. kept our power and I am most grateful.
With the strong winds we also had thunder...talk about strange. :o)
It is sunny and sparly and beautiful out.
Take care U..Sending you warm hugs and heart loe...
I am glad to hear you are okay and kept your power. In these storms we have been having, that's been my fear. We had an ice storm throughout the night so I stayed home today. Stay warm. And thanks for letting us know. I was worried.
Mary
I remember the silence very well - when I was a "troubled" and misunderstood teenager (as many are) instead of drugs or booze, I chose long walks in the woods in the silence of the snowy landscape where the snow served as a buffer against any and all sounds and it was as if I was walking in a isolated sound stage, just me and my footsteps crunching the snow beneath my feet. I miss that!
My apologies for not responding to you sooner. We just returned home from 3 weeks away. I’m always so thrilled to see another person committed to this wonderful project! I’ll add your name to our email list so you’ll receive the updates of other butterflies, etc. as they arrive! But you'll need to send me an email address first as your message didn't include one! I am at twodressesstudio@shaw.ca
Glad you weathered the weather!!
Many many thanks!
Trudi
http://twodressesstudio.blogspot.comi
Hi - 2nd attempt to leave a message with you -
My apologies for not responding to you sooner. We just returned home from 3 weeks away. I’m always so thrilled to see another person committed to this wonderful project! I would love to add your name to our email list so you’ll receive the updates of other butterflies, etc. as they arrive! But - I'll need you to send me an email address!!! to twodressesstudio@shaw.ca
Many many thanks! Whether you send your butterfly to me temporarily for photographing and acknowledgement or directly to the museum - the message is the same!
Trudi
http://twodressesstudio.blogspot.com
Post a Comment