As I sit here in the palpable essence of this
Sunday morning, I think back to what my life
used to be like at one point and am so very
grateful to have left that behind me. I hear
the voice of Kris Kristofferson singing in my
head and think of how I had to go through
that journey to get where I am today...
(you can hear it here: http://youtu.be/RxpTZYIbE6g)
It is a rainy, muggy morning here in Southern
Wisconsin...I welcome the relief from the
hot, summer sun, (Sorry, Father Sun!) the
baking temps, and take in the coolness afforded
by the rains coming down...(Thank You Father Sky!)
I can hear Mother Earth sighing through the
grasses, flowers, plants, and trees...they drink
deeply and savor each drop. Even the birds
and bees are quiet this morning as the rains
move through...
I have been sitting here reading my Book of
Earth Prayers and thought I'd share one or two
with you...and also to say I wish for you today
a day of grace and gratefulness in whatever
comes your way....may we all be grateful for
each moment that arrives....and now a sharing!
Listen to the air.
You can feel it,
smell, taste it.
Woniya wakan, the holy air,
which renews all by its breath.
Woniya wakan, spirit, life, breath, renewal,
it means all that.
We sit together, don't touch,
but something is there,
we feel it between us,
as a presence.
A good way to start thinking about nature,
talk about it.
Rather talk to it,
talk to the rivers, to the lakes,
to the winds,
as to our relatives.
~John Lame Deer~
Gentle Goddess,
who never asks for anything at all,
and gives us everything we have,
thank you for this sweet water,
and your fragrance.
~Lew Welch~
Happy Sunday Beloved Ones!



7 comments:
What a lovely and peaceful post today, Akasa! I am totally amazed and in love with that photo of the flowers in each drop of water - is that a real photo? How in the world...???? I'm stunned!
I was just thinking about air yesterday morning when I was walking with Gizzy. I was pondering on the weather here in GA and how it is like nothing I've ever experienced. When it's so hot and muggy and there is no breeze, it feels as if there is not enough air and when I attempt to take in a deep breath, I start to cough. It feels to me as if I was actually chocking on a piece of thick, humid, muggy air... I miss the cool air. I come to life in the winter like a fish out of water! I really think it's beautiful here, but for my health, I have to think of moving on.
Happy Sunday and blessings to you from Doris (and the Gizzy) :-)
We love you!
Inspiring share, beautiful photographs, capturing the flowers reflection in the rain drops. Breathtaking.
Both prayers are sacred direction and remembrance.
Thank you, for sharing!
So happy you are having a bit of relief, rain is a favorite of mine.
Love this post. I've been listening to your soothing meditation and reading the poem. I love the sound of the water. My son knows how much I love it so he bought me one of those waterfalls for my job so I could here the water all day, but, alas, it never really worked well.
Glad to hear you are having some relief with the weather. It is supposed to hit us tomorrow.
Mary
A cool deep drink of water is just what is called for to quell parched roots and lips.
We are going through the same heat wave in Canada
these past few weeks and I understand how thankful you must be for the rain.
They predict rain for tonight here to feed natures beautiful flowers and plants and trees. It will be a
welcome rain, just as you say.
Thank you for sharing such beautiful earth prayers sister of my heart.
hugs and love
happy Sunday to you.
Wprd Dancer
Beautiful,serene post...rejuvenating! Thank you sister...My love to you...on wings.
By the way...your site here is very beautiful ! Lovely layout,soothing colors. And music! Love it Dear One.
I can relate to your opening paragraph and just recently found myself wandering down a memory lane that left me in the present filled with gratitude. It's so much better to be here than there.
What a lovely and calming posting ~ thank you so much.
♥Sharon
Post a Comment