Tuesday, July 19, 2011

We're Havin' a Heat Wave!

We're havin' a Heat Wave...a Tropical Heat Wave!  I keep singing those few bars over and over again in my mind this morning.   I woke up to a temp of 78 to start the day at 6:40, as I slept in this morning.  I'm usually up long before that to start my day.  I like to wake up to birdsong, and smelling the earth while it is in the still of the morning.
So while I did oversleep, I did still do my early morning hello's to the Beloved Universe and Mother/Father God.  Under the Heat Wave!!! 

This excessive heat wave is something!  We are under excessive heat warnings here and I would bet in other areas in the Midwest too?  I pray that everyone has someplace cool to be in.  I've been dreaming of playing by cool water, or in a cool wooded forest!  Or frolicking on a beach somewhere, although being in the sun for a day is not my idea of fun when it is this hot!  I should think you'd fry in a matter of minutes!


This wooded glade is more to my liking...one could wade in the waters here and enjoy the shade and coolness while enjoying the woodland creatures and really feel next to Mother Earth!  Ahhh...I can dream, can't I?

Just an update...the leg is much better and healing nicely.  I've only one small scab left that is lingering from my fall through the ramp.  It is still a little tender but I've been being very cautious now.  When I go out, I take the phone with me and really pay attention to where I place my feet.  The landlord has still got some boards to replace and I forgot to put in a little note with my rent when I sent it off this month, but I will remind him to get it done.  I cannot deal with another fall like that one...Uuuggghhhh!  Right now he is on vacation or I'd probably give him a ring.

I've actually had my eye on a little one bedroom house I found last week that is right around the corner from where I live now.  It is soooo cute!  It has a wonderful back yard with lots of privacy and the owners are so nice.  I filled out an application so now I wait to see what happens.  They too were going on vacation this week, lol.  I'm in no rush to move but just considering it.  I'd have more privacy than I presently have here, and no neighbors who are up close and personal whenever you go outside.  I've lived here for six years now and have gone through many new neighbors up in the front house and upstairs, and the last few times they've been less than desirable.  I detest judging people but drugs and partying aren't on my list of priorities, believe me, or being so self-absorbed that you cannot lend a helping hand to get the driveway shoveled in the winter, or whatever else comes along.  We all have to live here so why not live in cooperation?  So anywho....we shall see what transpires...I've sent up prayers and now will watch for the signs!

My children and grandchildren are back from their vacation in Texas...they had a great time visiting with their cousins and Aunt and Uncle.  They did lots while there and I'm not going to go into it here, but suffice it to say a good time was had by all and the pictures to prove it, lol.  I'm so happy for them that they were able to get away from it all for a while.

Firekeeper, my grandson, brought me back a nice-sized stone from Lake Worth where they went swimming and boating for a day.  A beautiful Red Rock, with lots of quartz in it and it shimmers as you hold it.  I feel a lot of good energy emanating from it...I haven't had a chance to really work with it yet but I will!

Mainly I've been staying inside this week...last week I was busy as a one-armed paper hanger...running here and there doing errands and gearing up for the heat I knew was coming and am so happy I did...I can't imagine having to travel anywhere in this heat.  It is soooo oppresive!  Today with the heat index we are supposed to hit 105 and tomorrow 108.  So I go out in the early morning and late evening to get fresh air and connect with the four-leggeds, winged ones, and I am content.  I have a new baby bunny gracing the yard...soooo cute!  I love the rabbits...they eat all the long stems from the dandelions around here.  It is funny to watch them sit and munch them down.  Also my hummingbird is still coming round...I have to change up the nectar often in this heat as it ferments quite fast and I don't need drunk hummingbirds flying!  She is getting used to me being out there and will often find something to perch on for a few minutes and check me out as I check her out...I just love it!  The other day is was the raspberry cane she perched on about two feet from me so I saw her very well. 

Well my beloved friends...I'm getting a tad hungry so will sign off for now but I thought I'd better get in and give a shout out this morning....I'm alive and kicking and enjoying the full moon energies that have been so lovely this month!  I've also been a real nappy girl the past week or so, and I'm thinking it is my astro timing that has lots to do with it.

Till next time...Stay safe and be well, and I wish for you summer delights in all of Mother Earth's and Father Sky's Glory!  I love you more than you know and you are a Blessing to Me!

TTFN!



P.S.  I have 27 tomatoes on the vine right now and can't wait to sink my teeth into a big red juicy one!

5 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

Hello Dear Akasa,

It was nice to read from you ;-) I think that house prospect sound ideal for you, especially not having to deal with that sort of neighbors. I think a little house with a yard would be just what the doctor ordered for you.
I'm no stranger to triple digits, trust me. We've been having them for weeks and weeks. I'm enjoying the reprieve we got due to the storms and rain that somehow dropped the temps into the 90s and brought some breeze. We normally have NO breeze and that makes it even worse...especially with the annoying gnats.
That's why I want to move up north, not so many bugs to deal with and snow in the winter... I'm not in a hurry either, but it's something to look forward to. I know it will happen in due time and I finally learned - after all these years - that some things can not be rushed!
I'm glad your leg is healing, but I'm disappointed at your land lord. If I were him, I'd be afraid of a law suit because most people would.

I though about you yesterday as I stared at the lake, watching the little brook trickle down into the water, making those cute bubbling, gurgling sounds that water does - I prayed and was thankful for the life-giving waters and hope that it helped make a difference.
Blessings to you, my friend.
We love you,
Doris (and Gizzy)

mxtodis123 said...

It was 78 when I got up today as well. It's one of those days when I say "Thank goodness for work." The AC at home is just so expensive. We're really gonna have some heat this weekend...just when I have to cook. I feel sorry for those people in the midwest. That heat is unbelievable. I understand several people have died from it.

Glad you are feeling better. You've got a hummingbird. You're so lucky. After watching Phoebe on UStream I am anxiously awaiting the new season in October.
Mary

the wild magnolia said...

So very sorry to hear of your fall, very glad to hear you are mending.

I'm thinking this new little house sounds especially good. Privacy and solitude are great friends. I have so little of both now.

You are a warrior of light ad need plenty of both.

You remain in my prayers and I send healing light, redirected from our amazing universe.

Blessing dear one. Take care of you.

Anonymous said...

In my mind I am sitting in your picture. Perched on the rock on the left with my feet dangling in the little waterfall! Whew, will be glad when this heatwave is over! You made me hungry for fresh tomatoes. I think a ride to the farmer's roadside stand is in order today! Thanks for stopping by to visit my page. Blessings, Cordelia

DancingFire said...

So good to hear about what is going on in your life. Happy you are better and I wish you luck on the house.Sounds like the family had a wonderful trip but I know you are happy to have them back! Love you my best one...xxx