Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Ancient Goddess...
Malta: Land of the Ancient Goddess
This song, this singing/chanting to our Great Mother
touches every part of me. I see the images and I am
pulled to the ancient lands. The women who gather
here are our Sisters in Spirit, all have our DNA from
One Who is Called Many Names. Turning...turning...
and so the wheel turns to another day..away from May
Day/Beltane ceremony, tradition, frolic, to what this
day will hold in store. Will we listen to our hearts and
show up where we need to be? I hope so...pray Great
Mother I hope so...which one of my Sisters needs me
this day? Which child needs holding and love? Which
man needs a listening ear or a shoulder to lean on?
Shall I be the one who embodies your great wisdom
and compassion? Pray let it be me.
When I logged on this morning I had no idea what was
going to be shared here...my eye was drawn to this:
http://www.smilemania.com/Grump_Out.html
I love it! There is an awareness awakening in the air
out here in the Universe of people being rude, short-
sighted, short-tempered, disconnected...and all things
being synchronistic it played out throughout the day
yesterday...Anderson Cooper had a portion of this show
devoted to Rude People, Mary over at Moontides wrote
about it and then I woke up to see the Great Grump Out
Day posted on my homepage Side Bar. If you get a chance
just do a search on Grump Out? Quite interesting...as
well as being a nudge from the Universe for us to be a
helpmate to those we meet along the way...our journeys
are short so we need to do better, be better, in my humble
opinion. I'm just sayin'! :)
How do you react to someone who is being an old grump
or curmudgeon to you? Do you act like them and dish it
back out or do you treat them with the respect you'd like
to receive yourself? Do Unto Others...one of those basic
tenets we are taught at the very start of life.
So....don't know how I got led to all of this today, but I'm
going to be extra nice to those I meet along the way today.
Maybe I can clean up some past karma in my not so nice
moments, in doing so. And maybe, just maybe it will bring
some joy to my being in the doing. :) I like that thought.
I know the Great Mother will walk by my side as I do so.
Weaving in and out, around, turning, turning, turning as
She does so well.
Now...I think I will go and sing and chant this beautiful
song...and daydream of those Ancient Shores...walking
with my Sisters and praising the All Mother.
Will you join me?
Joy Rising!!!
Radiant and Cascading Blessings Beloved Ones....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
As always, you are inspiring me with your words! I do try to be kind to strangers, smile, nod, acknowledge them as we pass. Sometimes when there is rudeness I get angry or impatient. And I always regret it afterwards. It is important to be aware of our own actions, and not be so quick to react in kind to those who are negatively behaving. Thanks for the reminder. I would love to join you in a chant to our Lady!
Pray let it be me. Beautiful prayer.
My Dad could have been President of Grump Day!
please know that you are welcome on my back porch at anytime.... day or night. Would love to have you visit
Absolutely love that chant! I had the privilege of hearing it at a retreat shortly before it was released on CD, and it made me cry. It's a favorite in our house...in fact, now I need to locate it because I realize I haven't listened in a while. Thanks so much for sharing it!
Post a Comment