Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Think of Yourself




Some thoughts for the day...

The things you do not have to say make you rich.

Saying things you do not have to say weakens your talk.

Hearing things you do not need to hear dulls your hearing.

And things you know before you hear them-those are you.

Those are why you are in the world.

~William Stafford~

As a life's work, I would remember everything-everything against loss. I would go through life like a plankton net.

~Annie Dillard~

Eskimo: If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?

Priest: No, not if you did not know.

Eskimo: Then why did you tell me?
Today...the Birth of Buddha is celebrated in the Tibetan tradition.

You ask
why I perch
on a jade green mountain?
I laugh
but say nothing
my heart
free
like a peach blossom
in the flowing stream
going by
in the depths
in another world
not among men.

~Li Po~
an excerpt from the book
'Earth Prayers'

3 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Beautiful post, dear friend and sister. The Eskimo and the Priest is very deep and, oh, so true. Thank you for sharing it.
Mary

Sarah said...

Beautiful quotes! Thanks for sharing!

the wild magnolia said...

Oh my, i needed these precious jewels of awakening.

you always come through for me.

i am having so much fun i feel guilty. I feel like i'm having somebody else's fun.

it was so hard for so long.

take care of you precious kindred.

((hugs)) and lots of love.