Thursday, May 10, 2012

Astrology Forecast for May 8, 2012




Good Morning All!

  Have you felt like you are being wrung and hung out to
dry lately?  I have.  I have to really pay attention to what
I am doing and only have one thing on my mind or else I
seem to lose track of the one thing I am supposed to be
doing?  Does that make sense?  Talk about a rambling
sentence, hah!  Seriously though, I have found for the
better part of a week now, that I can only focus on one
thing only.  Today my body is killing me...the old Fibro
Flare-up has been in full swing and I force myself each
day to accomplish in many hours what I could normally
do in a few.  Such is life...I'm not complaining, just that
I'm noticing and being observant, and trying to remain
balanced and grounded through all of this.  So this new
astrology forecast is good news for me...and I pray for
you as well.

Tom says...(in my email inbox)...

This is the weekend we've all been waiting for!  The energy
will slow down and allow for renewing/rejuvenating,  perhaps
slightly indulgent behaviors to emerge!  Take it easy on
yourself, you've been through alot, enjoy the here and now
with some extra little treats for yourself...let tomorrow bring
what it may...have a great Mother's Day!

So with that idea in mind...here is how I'm spending my
Mother's Day...I'm going to go and buy a few herbs to satisfy
my need to plant.  You know I'm going to be moving at some
point in the not too distant future so I don't want to put in
anything that I cannot take with me.  I really wrestled with
this as I was just bound and determined not to spend more
money on this place.  "This Place" however has been good
to me while I've been here.  I am honor bound to remember
that...a silent place of learning and healing for me, in so
many different ways.  So...I'll pick up a few pretties and
plant them along with a few other things like chives, a good
lettuce mix for the summer, some cucumbers...little things
which will be easy to care for.  No more tomato plants etc.
for me.  I'll pick those up at Farmer's Market or twist my
son's arm for a few here and there.  I want to be ready to
get up and move!  :)

Do you have any plans for Mother's Day?  Are you staying
home or going out?  Will you be cooking or will you be on
the receiving end?  I often wonder what you all are doing
on holiday...even the Hallmark Ones, lol!  I never get too
excited about Mother's Day..especially the longer I live.
While some women love this day I think we should honor
our Mother's and Grandmother's everyday.  In doing my
geneology on Ancestry.com I have found my Grandmother's
going back many generations now...one in particular, my
Great Grandmother Anne, six generations removed, was a
Quaker woman.  Here's a bit of info I share...

The Quakers were members of a faith called the Society of Friends. Their religious beliefs were very different from the Anglicans, Pilgrims, and Puritans. Their faith was centered on a "God of Love and Light." They believed that the ultimate spiritual authority was "the inner light" which was in every man and woman. Traditionally, they met in simple meeting houses rather than ornate churches to sit together in silent contemplation of "the inner light" without a formal preacher, without liturgy and without music.

I found this to be quite interesting and almost surreal.

Quakers contributions to social developments in American history were disproportionately large. They were passionately committed to equality. This was reflected in the role of women in their communities, their acceptance of other persecuted religious communities, their good relations with American Indians and their leadership in the anti-slavery movement.

While I cannot swear to this paragraph in regards to American
Indians, I only pray it is so...generational trauma is real and
alive and needs to be addressed when possible.

Quakers opposed all war and would not support the military. They also refused to take oaths and pay taxes that supported war. These radical beliefs led to them suffering persecution in both England and America. The ruling Anglicans in England imprisoned Quakers. In Virginia, they banished them. The Puritans of Massachusetts banished Quakers, and, in some cases, executed them in public hangings. William Penn created Pennsylvania as a "Holy Experiment" where Quakers and other religious minorities could freely practice their religious convictions.

So...in essence I learn more about myself through studying
my Ancestors and that...is a very good thing.  Learning about
my Grandmothers helps me to recognize things in my own
DNA...as it is passed down through the generations.   It
really helps put things in perspective for me.

If any of you ever want me to look up something don't be
shy...speak up!  I'd be more than glad to help if I can...
sometimes things turn up in the most strangest of places.

Well...I didn't mean to get so long and windy here.  I just
wanted to post the Astro Energies we are presently in and
quick scoot off to read some of your blogs.  Tee Hee...I
told you I needed to concentrate on one thing at a time!
Crikey! 

I will be on and off sporadically throughout the day as my
body allows...I'm already hurting from sitting here too long.
I need to get up and move through my day, albeit slowly.
Slow is good!  All is well!

Here's wishing for you a lovely, sunny day, doing whatever
your heart desires!

Radiant Blessings to Each of You!





2 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

That is really interesting about your Quaker heritage. I knew a lot of what you said about the Quakers. It is always awful to learn about the atrocities perpetrated against individuals and groups because of their beliefs. And of course, it still goes on today. Good luck with your garden plans. I plan to start potting some things this weekend, mostly herbs and a few favorite old -fashioned annuals. Feel better soon. Hugs!

mxtodis123 said...

Oh, I do know what you mean about this flare up of pain. It's so hard getting back and forth to work.

We've much in common, dear sister. I've found Quakers in my ancestry as well. How great Ancestry is! I will never let it go.

No plans for Mother's Day. It's a cooking weekend for me, so Saturday I will be so busy that all I will want to do is rest on Sunday.
Mary