Thursday, September 20, 2012

Nothing Matters - Karunesh & Wingmakers Poetry



I've been sitting in a place of sadness...grief...a long-time brother/friend of mine passed away in his sleep, this Sunday just past.  I had not been in his world nor he in mine for some years, but that doesn't lessen the impact of his passing for me.

Or children played with one another growing up, we rode Harley's together, arguued about life, laughed,
cried, and a million other things friends do.  Even though we weren't in each other's immediate world,
I know he cared for me as much as I cared for him.
I loved him.  I didn't approve of his lifestyle, but I loved him.  His lifestyle is what ultimately caused me to separate myself from him.  I wanted better.  I wanted an intimate relationship with myself, with Great Spirit, with the world.  He wanted me to still love the old ways and I just couldn't do it.  Perhaps that is why I grieve.  Perhaps he felt I threw him under the bus, but honestly?  I did not.  I grew up, out, embraced something larger than myself.  At any rate, I'll never know his thoughts of me now and it isn't really important in the bigger picture.  What is important now is that he feel my love for him through the ethers so that is what I've been doing...sending him love on the wings of air, to wherever he may be.

Nothing Matters as the Title of the Poetry reveals...the only thing that truly matters
is Love.  And I've got plenty of that...

Brother Buzzard...Here's to You my Long-Time
Friend!!!  I've loved you long and I love you
now!!!

Rest in Peace my Love...
Akasa

7 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

I think you are handling your friend's death in the best way possible, especially by not grieving for "what could have been". We each choose our paths and often times those paths separate us; no one is at fault, it is just the way things are. Please accept my condolences for the loss of your friend. Hugs too.

Ashling said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sometimes we're meant only to share lives for awhile, love & relationships as necessary and vital as the sun that always sets. Yuo were both blessed, and wherever he is now, trust he knows how you've felt.

mxtodis123 said...

My friend, I am deeply saddened by your loss. I'm sure your friend knows that you are thinking of him and loves you as much as you love him.
Your friend and sister,
Mary

the wild magnolia said...

you will reach him through the veil. i believe he know you always loved him.

i am so sorry for your loss and i do understand.

it is difficult to leave someone behind in the physical realm. the comfort for me is the spiritual realm, we all gather there again.

((hugs))




Merry ME said...

May good memories ease some of your sadness.
Holding you close.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you across the miles.
~soothing blessings~

Unknown said...

I believe that spirits linger for a while before they depart this world forever.

I believe he understands exactly how you feel and that he is bathed in the love you send to him.

The poem is magnificent Akasa, so very touching.

We embrace you with love through this difficult time and pray that you find peace.

love and blessings
hugs Sharon
XXX