Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The River is Flowing...




As Summer draws to a close, and New Moon coming on the
horizon, I've been walkabout with old memories flowing to
me.  I have no idea why, but I'm embracing them all.
Perhaps in my doing so, my own life's river will keep flowing.
These memories are hazy, like a late summer day in the
yard, while putting things to rest for another time.

It started this weekend when I took a day's road trip with a
long-time Sister to another city near me.  We traveled the
back roads, and while on the road we were totally enthralled
with what we were seeing.  Two Eagles, about twenty Hawks,
and several flocks of Turkey...not to mention the many fields
of Goldenrod in bloom and Black-Eyed Susan growing along
the roads.  Autumn was definitely in the air.  It made us want
to stop at roadside stands (we looked and didn't see any) and
buy up some pumpkins, gourds, or whatever else we could get
our hands on.  We saw several lazy, meandering streams and
creeks...you know the kind...where you want to stop, get out,
take off shoes and walk the creek bed.  It was a gorgeous,
late summer's day.  As we were witness to Creator's palette,
we began to talk about days gone by with one another.  We
really were connected on a soul level then and we still are.
So I suppose that has carried over till today when I am still
thinking of things from my past that were indelibly written
on my soul.  Glimpses that bring me smiles and yet some
wistfulness too.  All good though!

Here's wishing for you days and days of late summer gleanings
and the witness of Creator's lasting and loving palette of color!

A'HO!

The River is flowing.....out to the sea!








3 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

What a lovely post. Many of us are being flooded with old memories at this time. I know I find myself often drifting back to a time long, long ago. It has enveloped me with a sense of peace.
Your sister and friend,
Mary

Unknown said...

Autumn is my favourite time of year.
I love road trips...I miss that very much.

I am happy you have a close friend to explore with.


waving hello Sharon

Ashling said...

What a gift to have such a friendship, and what wisdom to nurture and cherish it. Good for both of you!