Good Morning My Pretties!
Just a quick check in....I'm off to run errands today.
I've my Grandaughter coming over and I need to
pick up a few things before she arrives. It is a
gorgeous morning here in Southern Wisconsin.
Cool temperatures, lovely sky, and we've much
to be grateful for, eh?
The video I post today is by Peter Kater...he is
probably one of the most favorite composer,
songwriters of mine. I love anything he does!
My favorite album of his is 'Song for Humanity.'
If you want to listen to that you can find it on
You Tube...I love to begin and end my day with
it, although I don't get to do it as much as I like.
I just wanted you all to hear him if you've never
heard his music. The imagination travels when
listening to his music and I've often gone into
a trancelike state while doing so.
He also works with Carlos Nakai another long
time favorite of mine and you can hear those
on You Tube as well.
I've been busy working on my geneology and am
having so much fun with it. I just met a cousin
doing the same thing. I've never met him in person,
although I've heard of him in family conversations.
He is a very giving and kind person and has allowed
me to view and keep some of the old family photos,
he has posted to his site.
His Mother is Sister to my Grandmother and so
there are lots of fun things to go through.
Yesterday I was honored to see a photo of my
Great Grandfather. It is the very first time ever
I've seen a photo of him and while it is a little
fuzzy, I connected with his Spirit immediately.
I got a little choked up actually. Actually it is
the very first time I've ever seen him as he passed
before I was born.
This is my Great Grandmother Marian
and my Great Grandfather Clement
Trepanier...they are French Canadian
and man does the family lines go way
back! Now I met my Great Grandma
when I was quite young...fivei-sh or so
and I remember visiting her in Norway,
Michigan or maybe it was Kingsford...
Anywho, we are all up from Iron Mountain
Way. I hadn't had any photos of my
Great Grandma either so this was a real
blessing.
I also got some of my Mom too, but I
will show those another day. It is so
heart-warming to take a look back and
connect with my Ancestors. Taking a
glimpse into their lives brings comfort
and clarity into mine. It is like crossing
your T's and dotting your i's. Everything
feels complete, peaceful and yes, even
joyous.
So if you don't see me on here you know
what I'm doing...digging and researching
and sometimes forgetting there is another
world out here! Ha Ha Ha!
Okay...hope you can get a chance to listen
to Peter's phenominal music and check out
his 'Song for Humanity' on You Tube. You
won't be disappointed...it is very meditative!
I wish you all a Gorgeous Day! May Your
Ancestors come to You too!
You remain in my thoughts and prayers
always!
A'HO!


5 comments:
Beautiful post and music, Dear Heart! Love and Blessings to You and your Ancestors... ♥ xoxox
Wonderful flowing music, I feel a cry for mankind to awaken. We were given a mind to think of peaceful solutions, a mouth to speak these solutions, and two ears to hear the other side.
I do believe peace is meant to be, I do believe it is possible.
I do support our troops, they feel what they do is right.
Your ancestor search is thrilling. I've tried, but being raised from the paternal side, the maternal side is mostly closed to me.
So happy you are finding so much!!!! Great photo!!
Wishing the very best things to settle in your life. You are a dear kindred filled with love and wisdom.
beautiful... thanks as always for sharing
The music is beautiful sister of my heart.
very relaxing.
Thank you for sharing the picture
of your ancestors.
Tiz nice to learn of your heritage,
your kin.
Enjoy your time with your grandaughter.
I got to spend some time with my Tia
about 3 weeks ago.
I know how important time spent
with little ones is.
may blessings always remain
in your heart.
You are a very special lady.
love and hugs Word Dancer
Lovely music and,ahhh I am so happy and excited for you on the Ancestry search. Lovely photo! What a wonderful thing to have sister. I love you Akasa My Holiday Woman, :)
Post a Comment