Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Eagle Eye on Wisconsin's Rock River
Good Morning!
This video is just a small glimpse of the beauty
that surrounds me where I live...and I am so very
grateful to be a part of it.
This morning has been hazy, cloudy, humid, and
going to be another hot one. I've been up for a
while now and have decided it will be another day
of staying indoors. I've much to do to keep me
busy. Speaking of busy I have been. I have been
in cleaning mode around here...cleaning cupboards
no less and culling out even more 'stuff.' How in
the world can one woman have so much? I always
think I'm doing so well with that and every now and
then decide to go through drawers, closets, and the
like and guess what? MoRe! Good thing I have
a Goodwill and Salvation Army to give to and a
DD who can use some of it.
I've been busy making Lemon Poppy Seed Bread,
and I picked my first ripe tomato from my deck
garden on Sunday morning....can you say mouth-
watering? Oh Yeah! There is no greater pleasure
in the summer months than to have fresh produce
you have so diligently planted, watered, and
harvested. I am so grateful for this too!
I've been quiet again of late...part of it is New Moon.
I am always in the silence around this time...I do
recognize it for what it is now...when I was younger
I attributed it to being moody, but it just isn't the
case. I rather like going within to listen to my
spirit, and that of Creator speaking to my soul. It
does a body good.
The young couple that lived up in the front house
has now moved...no more late night parties and
moving of drugs...and I am elated. Once again the
property feels safer and more secure. Last week a
nice married couple came by to look at the house
and I poked my head out of the door to say hello.
They have young children and that would be nice
to see here. Imagination, playfulness, and laughter
come to mind, along with purity of spirit. So I
shall pray for that to come to this good place.
So...that means I've decided not to move to the
little house I was telling you about a few weeks
ago...I really loved it, but the deciding factor was
only one closet in the house and two drawers in
the kitchen...I cannot live without closets and
drawers no matter how much I cull out. Or at the
very least, until I have to live that way? I will
focus instead on making this little great room
more to my liking...it is an efficiency apartment
and it has served me well the past three years,
even though there have been times of unrest. I
can't always insulate myself from discord. None
of us can.
I don't know about the rest of you but I am in
Autumn mode...I long for cooler weather, the
falling of leaves, things beginning to dry on the
vine and putting things up for the winter. I
love crisp mornings when I can go sit under the
gazebo and watch the birds fly about as I sip my
morning coffee and pour my heart out to Mother/
Father God. I love the colors of Autumn...those
beautiful burnished reds, golds and pink that
delight our eye and nourish our spirit. I adore
pumpkins, gourds, witches, goblins, black cats,
spiders and webs and all of the Halloween items
we so dearly love being displayed on our lawns,
stacked on bales of straw, and corn stalks gathered
together. Oh my mind is running with this one, he he!
I think it may be time for me to haul out the Fall Box
and see what I can put up?
We've been so fortunate to have received some life
giving rains here...and more to come in the next few
days...I've been praying for the drought areas in the
world...as I watch television and see the children in
Somalia and other places around the world I just sit
and cry...how can this be? How is it that we have all
become so disconnected from Human Life? I send
healing and blessings as I can and pray for change
more than ever. I cannot stand to see those little
eyes so haunted and bodies so emaciated. It is
long past time for governments to fall away and a
moral high ground from the people who inhabit all
lands to bring about a radical change in our world.
We are our Brothers and Sisters Keeper.
August brings in the Clan Mother of the Eighth Moon
Cycle...She Who Heals. She Who Heals is the
Guardian of Serving The Truth, and I pray our world,
our governments, finally can see the Truth of what
is happening!
I leave you this day then, with this excerpt from
Jamie Sams book "The Thirteen Original Clan Mothers."
I love this book and if you've never read it, well...
you are missing out on a great spiritual read.
She Who Heals
Mother, sing me a song
That will ease my pain,
Mend broken bones,
Bring wholeness again.
Catch my babies
When they are born,
Sing my death song,
Teach me how to mourn.
Show me the Medicine
Of the healing herbs,
The value of spirit,
The way I can serve.
Mother, heal my heart
So that I can see
The gifts of yours
That can live through me.
I wish for you a day of songs
stirred in your cauldron...the
songs which serve your spirit
and soul!
A'HO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Happy to see you here.
Happy you are feeling more settled, I know this is important.
Thank you for all you share.
I am thankful the Healing Mother has no more babies to catch from me. : ) Love my girls, but no more.
A song on the lips is a happy time indeed.
Feeling happy....feeling loved....feeling ready to go on the road. Soon, we are looking at March 2012. That is moved up one month.
You live in a beautiful place.
sending ((hugs)) and kindred love.
Post Script: I love eagles, they speak to me of soaring strength and courage.
I love lemon poppy seed bread.
I'm glad your neighbors are gone and we'll hope and pray for better ones. That makes a big difference because one can not ignore certain people (I should know!)
I have to confess that I am rarely in a cleaning mode and only do it because it has to be done, but mostly it's because of my disabilities that are causing me pain and discomfort during certain physical activities. (I wish I could afford to pay a cleaning crew!)
I look forward to Autumn and the cooler weather, but this year, I'm determined to enjoy the summer, no matter what. I refuse to wish my life away!!!
I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow, please send me good vibes and prayers!
Have a blessed day and take care.
All the best to you, my friend.
With Love
Doris and Gizzy (hugs)
What a gorgeous location you live near and have a peaceful surrounding is essential. Although infrequent, I love visiting your blog for just that reason ~ the soothing calming feel of it.
Thanks so much for joining in this month's giveaway on my blog!
♥Sharon
I am just home from night shift and oh so happy to
see you here this morning, sister of my heart.
Thank you for sharing that beautiful prayer.
sending blessings and love
and hope for the future of mankind.
May all hearts embrace vibrations of love
xoxoxoxox
Sweetie has been talking about boats non-stop for weeks. I've repeated my "I don't like boats" mantra a thousand times. But I have to admit, as I looked at this video, I had a thought that it would be nice to be able to toodle down a lazy river and soak up all it had to offer. Of course in Florida, that could be alligators.
I've been thinking of Autumn, just at the beginning when the you can smell the weather changing and feel the temps drop at night. Oh to sleep with the windows open again. But I don't want to rush into winter. I'm not sure how the dog walking will pan out in winter, so I'm in no hurry!
"Mother, heal my heart
So that I can see
The gifts of yours
That can live through me."
LOVE this.
Stay cool, throw something away for me. My garage is beginning to look like a hoarders and it wasn't that long ago we cleaned it.
I love your words, love knowing you are good, safe, eating ripe tomatoes.
and oh how I wish I could sit with you some morning and sip coffee while the morning birds come out. I am filled with words and tears right now and feel you would hear me.
..and yes, some of it is the state of the world...it's hard to be truly happy and free when it seems we are all dancing on the Titanic. Our president said something to the effect that if we want something changed, we will have to MAKE him change it. We have to be of one voice. We have to be the change. I pray for the day when we look around and realize that what befalls one of us is just waiting to take all of us....a world without humanity just can't sustain us. love, love...xoxo
Post a Comment