Thursday, August 25, 2011
Ocean of Love/ So Much Magnificence - Miten/ Deva Premal
I'm spending some peaceful time this afternoon enjoying
my newly mown yard. It smells so much of Earth Mother.
The smell itself sends me into paroxysms of delight. How
is it that something so simplistic can bring me to a state
of supreme happiness? It leaves me wondering...
It has been a busy week around here....I have new neighbors
I'm getting to know, getting ready to get new neighbors in
the house up front, and wondering what that will bring. I've
been in prayer since the last couple moved out, and I hope
whoever occupies the home now is of like mind. However,
as I mentioned it has been busy around my place! We've
been weeding and pruning, cutting down unwanted saplings
growing along the fencelines (not my idea as I was happy
to leave the new walnuts trees growing to their own devices
and that is a whole story for another day), gathering up all
the brush to be hauled off and chatting with my Landlord
part of the day. I live in a small pod of two houses, my
house has two apartments and then there is the big house
in front. So we all have to work together and get along in
order for everything to get accomplished, without intervening
on other' peeps territories. Somedays are better than others
but for the most part it has been a nice place to live.
Here is one view of the eastern side of my house...it leads
out my door onto the deck...this is the same ramp I fell
through not too long ago...this photo was taken several
years ago in spring when I was outside working.
Here is a view going down the other ramp into the
backyard...again another work day! The tall evergreen's
have since been cut down almost half-way, because the
neighbor to the east of me couldn't stand them...his
reason being they were housing too many critters! I
just about blew a blood vessel on that one but he'd
already called the Landlord to talk with him about
cutting them down, so there was nothing I could do
about it. Now I have no privacy or shade at all when
sitting out in the backyard. I have worked really hard
around here getting in perennials over the past four years,
and it looks a lot different than what you see here. I've
also split up some of the plants that were already here
but becoming very overgrown, such as the bleeding hearts.
Now I've two beautiful bushes of them and suddenly this
summer they are sending out sucker shoots everywhere.
I'll have to address that at some point. I split up the
Autumn Pink Seedum too this spring, and now the front
of the big house has some plantings around it so it isn't
so stark and bare. The rest of this week I am going to
be working along the fencelines transplanting and moving
some of the daylillies I have out there and bring them up
to the flowerbeds. I didn't plant them there...another
tenant who lived in my apartment planted them out there,
but you can't really enjoy them way out back. He also put
in a gorgeous Hibuscus that needs to be dug up and brought
up to the front of the backyard. I'd like to move the Peony
bush you see growing in the middle of the yard to another
spot too. So I have my work cut out for me until the snow
flies. I'm wanting to get some Fall Mums to put in as I
just love those...although I've never had much luck with them.
My plan is to get some nice Russian Sage to plant along the
fenceline out back and maybe some hollyhocks...and I have
some seed in my freezer for the hollyhocks that my Aunt gave
me a few years ago. Don't know if they are still good but I am
going to give it a whirl.
On Tuesday this week we celebrated my Grandson's eleventh
birthday. It is so hard for me to imagine him being eleven
already....seems like just yesterday I was toting him around
all over the yard with me as I worked outside, built my fires
at night and drummed, etc., etc....and now before my very
eyes he is fast becoming a young man tall and strong in more
than one sense of the word...he's been through hell that boy
and has beaten the odds and is doing so well that I just about
burst with joy. :)
This picture is a little dark but my Daughter took it while
Firekeeper and Little Grandmother were unaware...they
were at their Grandfather's house playing with the baby
goats and chickens and had a moment of inactivity I guess, lol.
I love it that they are so close. They were being so silly the
day of Firekeeper's birthday...I really had them sugared up!
Firekeeper wanted Chocolate Chip Pan Cookies instead of
cake, but then what is a Birthday without cake? So I made
a Double Fudge Chocolate Cake too! They had a little of both
and came back last night for more. I tried sending all of the
goodies with them that evening but they were going visiting
so they left them here. Last night the phone call came....
'Grandma...can we come and get some cake?' I laughed and
said Please!
Tomorrow morning I am off and running early to go to my
Lightbox Therapy for the Psoriasis, which is getting better,
and then to the Library to see if I can get my hands on a
copy of 'The Help.' I want to read the book before I see
the movie. I also need to get to the River before the week
is out to do a New Moon Ritual and send healing into the
waters...So if you see me on here sporadically you know I'm
not lost...just making hay while the sun shines! I always,
always think of all of you everyday, even though I may not
make it around so much right now. I keep each of you in
my prayertime and carry you close to my heart...who knew
when I started this blogging thing that I'd become so
attached to all of You! It is a beautiful extended family we
have here...and I count myself as blessed because of our
online friendships...some of whom have become pen pals
even and some whom I talk with on the phone...it is all
Good!
So take good care, know that I adore you, and that I pray
you all are safe and loved...
May the rest of your week bring you much peace and joy!
A'HO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Take care of you, no more falls. It is a lovely area you live in. I too pray for good neighbors.
Wonderful party, I love chocolate cookies, a fudge cake. Zowie.
Diva and Mitten are favorites.
Love your busy schedule, keeps you out of trouble and on your toes. Hah.
You are a dearest.
I love the smell of freshly mowed grass. Reminds me so much of the country. We don't have much of it here in the city, but I'm lucky to be in an area where everyone has some.
Mary
Thank you for all your good vibes you send out my way and all around... I love the energy you radiate. Just wanted to say that :) xx
A,
I get tired just reading about all you do. The MidWest heat wave must have dissipated to at kind of work. It's still too hot in FL for me to even think about weeding, or trimming. And let's be honest, it takes a lot more than nice weather to get me doing outside and playing in the dirt. Thing is I do like dirty hands and the earthy smell of gardening.
Happy birthday to Firestarter. May his future unfold with love and grace.
Love,love the photo of the kids...Priceless Sister.Thanks for sharing it ...xxxooo
P.S. I love your yard...What a lovely place to have.I can picture you there and me...beside you in a chair drinking coffee and laughing as we do,sharing stories...Ahhhhh sounds so wonderful doesn't it ?
Post a Comment