Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Selfless Act of Caring for "Sandy Survivors"


My Beautiful and Selfless Sister/Friend
Merry Me, 
has created by hand this gorgeous quilt.
She is giving it away...
If you want to learn more about it
head over to
What a wonderful way to help the
Survivors of Hurricane Sandy!!!
Please pass the word along?

On another note...today is November 6th
and we all know what that means
for our country.
Please exercise your right to vote!!!
Every vote matters, your voice matters!
I know this is a highly charged
election this year and rightly so.
We are facing a paradigm shift
of magtudinous proportion.
As for me and my house I have voted
to honor a woman's right to make
decisions for her own body,
to keep Social Security and Medicare
the way it has always been because
it works, and because to do less,
would be detrimental to many.
I voted for economical reasons
as I don't want to see our country
going backwards after so much
has been gained the last four years.
I voted for the people of the U.S.,
to honor 'all' of us, not just a few.

With that thought in mind I will share this...
however you choose to vote
do it in Love.
With your highest intention being
to heal the huge divide in our country.
This week I received an email from
someone on a group that I belong to
and in it she said,
to cast our vote from that place within,
where our highest intentions reside,
toward harmony with our families,
our neighbors, and the greater good.
She says we are One People, One Humanity,
and I whole heartedly agree...
so when you step into your booth today
set your heart's intention toward
respecting human dignity and value,
and to honoring all perspectives.
And Pray for Peace to reside in
the hearts of all of us?

A'HO!
In Cascading and Everlasting Love,
Akasa

P.S.  don't forget about that quilt!  :)





5 comments:

Merry ME said...

Thank you Sister Friend.
May you be blessed as you bless others.

Robin Larkspur said...

Rousing words! Just imagine if everyone in this country would take these words to heart, and sincerely act upon them. It would be fantastic. Thank you for your for these good and true thoughts! Bright Blessings.

Ashling said...

How perfectly said. Wish we could get that posted on each & every voting booth!

mxtodis123 said...

Great post. Thank you, my friend.
Mary

the wild magnolia said...

The candle, hope, i voted! Freedom is not free.

While in the lovely Maggie Valley I cast my vote by absentee ballot.