Wednesday, November 7, 2012

We Were Given a Moment of Grace...



As I enter the day, I am
reminded of grace the moment
my eyes open.

We've been given a moment
of grace...
A grace from "The One"
who oversees all.

As I watched the elections
last evening I kept breathing
the prayer I had shared
with you yesterday...
Whispered, deep in my soul,
deep in my spirit...
Great Spirit...I pray for
The Highest Good of All.

It's what was given,
and when they announced who
the winner would be,
I sat in amazement,
in a pure moment of grace,
that once again,
our country has been given
a seminal moment.

Now, what will we do with it?

Let us all move forward,
embrace one another,
and pray for more moments
of Grace and Thankfulness.

A'HO!

"I do not understand at all
the mystery of grace-
only that it meets us where we are
but does not leave us where it found us."
~Anne Lamott~

"Grace comes into the soul,
as the morning sun into the world;
first a dawning, then a light;
and at last the sun in his full and
excellent brightness."
~Thomas Adams~
(1612-1653)

"Grace is the central invitation to life
and the final word.  It's the beckoning
nudge and the overwhelming, undeserved
mercy that urges us to change and grow,
and then gives us the power to pull it off.
~Tim Hansel~

3 comments:

Ashling said...

Grace is one of my favorite words, a gift to receive, a goal to achieve. Until you posted your comment on my blog, I hadn't applied the word to last night's victory, but it truly fits. I'm giving thanks today, and agree we were blessed with grace.

the wild magnolia said...

I love to read of grace. Thank you for sharing. ;-)

julie said...

Yes, it seems we have been given a period of grace. I'm also asking what we will do with it. I so hope that this election showed the importance of inclusion. I hope it is clear that as nation we are a rainbow tribe and all of us count, have something to contribute...that we are all a part of the One.
And on a practical side I hope that the Progressives realize that we have been given a mandate...this was not a narrow margin win...We the people voted in the first openly gay woman AND the first woman senator in Hawaii, who also happens to be a Buddhist....We ALL need to continue working towards a more equal society and hold President Obama's feet to the fire.
My new passion will be to work to amend corporate personhood...

http://kuviamatkalta.blogspot.com/
xo