We return thanks to our Mother, the Earth,
which sustains us.
We return thanks to the rivers and streams,
which supply us with water.
We return thanks to all herbs,
which furnish medicine for the cure of our diseases.
We return thanks to the corn, and to her sisters,
the beans and squashes,
which give us life.
We return thanks to the wind,
which, moving the air
has banished diseases.
We return thanks to the moon and stars,
which have given us their light when the sun was gone.
We return thanks to the sun,
that he has looked upon the earth with a beneficent eye.
Lastly, we return thanks to the Great Spirit,
in whom is embodied all goodness,
and who directs all things for the good of his children.
Iroquois Prayer (Adapted)
an excerpt from the Book "Earth Prayers"
an excerpt from the Book "Earth Prayers"
In the early morning quiet, I sent up prayers of thankfulness for life, family, friends, near and far, extended family of which you are a part of,
and as I breath in this brand new day ahead...
I wish for you a Thanksgiving filled with Love.
I wish for you a day of breaking bread with those you love and who love you. But I am also
reminded of those who don't have that...
and so I'm asking that we all remember
someone who may need a meal, or a warm
blanket, or just a listening ear and hug.
I'm going to make a plate and take it to
my elderly aunt in assisted living.
I will also remember ancestors past who
shared their thanksgiving thoughts
and love with me.
I will also take time to read again the
Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) Thanksgiving Address
which was and is the true Thanksgiving.
On my menu...
Turkey Breast
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Squash
Cranberries
Cucumbers and Onions in my Sour Cream Sauce
(its a family favorite)
An Assortment of Pickles and Olives
Rolls
Banana Bread
(to be sent home with family and friends)
Pumpkin Pie
and our Appetizer is my DD's
Homemade Salsa and Chips.
We'll have far too much fun
choosing a dab of this and a dab of that to eat,
but I'm not going overboard as I'm relishing
my weight loss, oh yeah!
And then we'll load up a plate and take
it to my Auntie Judy and spend some
time with her.
After that I think I'll come home to
take a well deserved nap, ha ha ha.
So....
Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving my
Beautiful Blogger Family...I'll be sending
up quiet prayers for all of You as I go
through my day today and tomorrow.
May Peace and Love Prevail in our Hearts
and our Homes, as well as the Planet.
I Give Thanks to Mother Earth who continually
Sustains us in All Things,
To a Blessed Universe who continually
evolves to a greater understanding
of where we need to be,
To Great Spirit,
who watches over all.
Happy Thanksgiving!
A'HO!
P.S. I Love You! :)


2 comments:
I love your menu. Cucumbers and onions in sour cream sauce sounds fabulous. Whenever you have a chance I would love the recipe.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful joy-filled day tomorrow.
Love,
Mary
Super good words of thanks and food for thought.
I used the Iroquois Prayer too....
your words are filled with love and hope.
enjoy the holiday and harvest food.....
Wishing you the happiest Thanksgiving...ever.
((hugs))
Post a Comment