Ahhh November!!!
Trees almost bare now as chilly winds blow,
Great pots of soup being simmered with love,
Aroma of bread being baked in the oven,
Outside chores are finished and the gardens
put to rest, as inside, candles are being lit to
ward off early dusk and bring light into our homes.
The trunks are opened and warm blankets taken
out...to air on clotheslines on a sunny day.
Leaves are crisp underfoot or wet with rains,
as they blow into doorways bringing good luck's
name. We remain busy gathering all that we need,
for the upcoming season of snow and the 'freeze,'
that inevitibly comes as we put Autumn to rest.
November...a time for gathering of family and friends,
a time of being thankful for the blessings of the year,
for sharing great conversation, or a book or two, and
a hand-up for those who need it (which should be
everyday of the year.) A time for hot chocolate, with
dollops of whipped cream, for pies baked and cooling
and a great meal shared. A time for deep introspection,
for warm sweaters and coats and a changing of clocks
gaining us another hour of sleep. Ahhh November!
How great you are! As important in time as all other
months of the year! I am grateful to embrace you as
the Sun comes up this morning! Another day in which
to be grateful for my body, my breath, all those that
I love, for warm homes, hearts, and sacredness...and
the adventure of what today will bring! I am grateful
for animals large and small which bring me lessons if
I pay attention to them all. I'm grateful, great-fully
blessed and rich beyond measure, Thank You November
for your pleasurable treasures!!!
Here's wishing for You a day of adventure, the deep
aroma's of life and all that it brings...and lots of Love
for what You bring to me in kind words and friendship.
Thank You Great Mystery for just....E V E R Y T H I N G!!!
A'HO!
(C) Akasa WolfSong
11/4/2011


6 comments:
I'm a November fan too, but have never described its mood as poetically and completely as you have here.
I've always loved November. In my neighborhood, it is a quieter time. Dark comes early and children are inside so I have some free time in my back yard. That's soon to end, though. Have a wonderful weekend.
Mary
Thank You both so much my Kindred Sisters!!! :)
I think you have captured every dreamy thing about November sister of my heart.
This is beautifully written from the heart...
You have a gift for writing, for always expressing gratitude and wonder, for kindling hope and for sharing love.
You are what I call a heart person,
one with a heart big enough to encompass all within your reach.
I am grateful to be able to call you my sister of the heart.
hugs and blessings
Sharon
now how about a cup of that hot chocolate.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Oh my, so very beautiful and inspiring. Thank you dear Sister for sharing and for the smile you brought to my face. It is always a blessing to visit you.
Blessings on this cold November morn, V.
That was such a beautiful and inspiring poem! You have a great talent. I love this time of year too. Thanks for sharing! Blessings )O(
Post a Comment