Every day is a god, each day is a god,
and holiness holds forth in time.
I worship each god,
I praise each day splintered down,
and wrapped in time like a husk,
a husk of many colors spreading,
at dawn fast over the mountains split.
an excerpt from the book 'Earth Prayers,'
written by Annie Dillard
Good Morning Everyone!
It has been a while since I've posted
anything on Blogger eh? Time to change
that up! :)
Well...let's see here...I've been a busy
gal...still doing my geneology research
and have found so many profound findings that
I'm still pinching myself with all of it. I
love finding out new info on my ancestors!!!
Just this past week I found an ancestor
named Robert McCord, who traveled on the
Oregon Trail, carved his name on Indepence
Rock and I've got a picture of it. How cool
is that? Robert was my Great, Great, Great,
Great Grandfather on my maternal side of the
family by way of my Mom's Father's side.
This was written about him:
4 Jul 1850 , Independence Rock, Oregon Trail
Robert McCord carved his name on this rock in Wyoming. Reverend John Steele in "Across the Plains in 1850", confirms that Robert made the largest inscription, which is at the top of Independence Rock at around 3 PM on July 4, 1850.
News Press, Mercer 24 Aug 1813
With my love of Stones, and my love
of my Ancestors Bones, this sends
me to a place I cannot even describe.
It is Holy though, Holy in this place.
Sacred ground. Parts of my DNA are
here.
I also found out Robert McCord and
his wife, Rosannah are buried in the
very same state where I reside...
in Buckwheat Ridge Cemetary in
Lancaster, Wisconsin. Here is a photo
of their headstone...
This poem sums it up well and I have to
tell you the more research I do the more
I want to do...my thirst for it is unquenchable
right now.
Neglected and alone.
The name and dates are chiseled out
On polished, marbled stone.
It is too late to mourn.
You did not know that I exist
You died and I was born.
In flesh, in blood, in bone.
Our blood contracts and beats a pulse
Entirely not our own.
One hundred years ago
Spreads out among the ones you left
Who would have loved you so.
I wonder if you knew
That someday I would find this spot,
And come to visit you.
-Author Unknown-
So...this is some of what I've been up to.
I've also been trying very valiantly to get used
to a new medicine I am on. Truthfully I'm not
doing so well with it and I cannot wait for my
return visit to the Doctor, which is coming up
soon, so that I can tell her what is going on.
I hope to be taken off of it.
I've also still been busy creating in my home,
writing a bit more, visiting with a long-time
Sister that has come back into my life, and
trying to get ready for the upcoming holidays,
as well as trying to stop by all of your blogs
a few times a week to sit and read and sometimes
leave a comment or two.
So...that is what I've been up to. Not real
exciting to my readers I'm sure but it is sooo
exciting to me, lol!
Here is a link for more Ancestor Poetry and
little gems if you are interested?
Here's wishing for You a day filled with discovery,
amazement, and synchronicity!!!
A'HO!




3 comments:
What an adventure you've embarked on! It's so exciting, and easy to see why you can't get enough. Wishing you more discoveries to be thankful for, and a gentle, loving holiday if it's one you celebrate.
Beautiful poems to go with a beautiful post. It is always fun to find out who our ancestors are. I am happy that you are able to find some information on your ancestors.
I hope your doctor is able to do something about your meds. My wish is for you to start feeling better.
Blessings my Kindred Sister, V.
I do not know very much about my ancestors once we go back more than great grand parents.
I can understand why you find it so interesting. I love the poems you choose to accompany your discovery.
Thank you for sharing that very special part of your life that always makes us appreciate what a compassionate being you truly are.
hugs and love Sharon
Post a Comment