All Soul's Day-Feast of the Dead
Those who are dead are never gone:
They are there in the thickening shadow.
The dead are not under the earth:
they are in the tree that rustles,
they are in the wood that groans,
they are in the water that sleeps,
they are in the hut, they are in the crowd,
the dead are not dead.
Those who are dead are never gone,
they are in the breast of a woman,
they are in the child who is wailing
and in the firebrand that flames.
The dead are not under the earth:
they are in the fire that is dying,
they are in the grasses that weep,
they are in the whimpering rocks,
they are in the forest, they are in the house,
they are not dead.
~Birago Diop~
an excerpt from the Book "Earth Prayers"
That which The Great Mystery has made can
never be destroyed...
A'HO!
Here it is November 2, 2011 already! The older
I get the faster time seems to move...
As I've been hopping around reading blogs it
looks like everyone had a safe and sacred
Halloween/Samhain. For this I am truly
grateful! :)
Mine was spent very quietly at home...I did my
own little ceremony here and then waited for
my Grandchildren to arrive so we could catch up
on how their evening faired, and so they could
get their goodies from Grandma. :) They are so
adorable, my Babes.
I'm still doing lots of internal work. More and
more things come to light, I work toward a
healing of one thing and not too far behind it
is another that comes up and out. Such is the
way of life, eh?
Saturday night I really struggled with a family
issue that has been ongoing for years. In the
past I would have rushed toward fixing it, or
what I thought would fix it. We all know how
that can blow up in our face or backfire? Yeah,
so as I sat with this new information in my gut,
burning like a fire, I found myself not being
able to fall asleep at all. I struggle with insomnia
anyway but this was so much more? Finally on
towards five in the morning I'd had enough. I
got up and took something to help me fall asleep
but not wanting to as I had my grandson with me
and sure didn't want to oversleep or be in a state
of not being on top of things...so I took half of my
prescribed dosage and that worked. As I let my
body start to relax I looked over at my sleeping
Grandson and found Enchantment sweep over my
soul. Here was a soul that has been forever
entwined with mine...and had I been paying
attention I could have fallen asleep so much sooner!
Enchantment...
How is it that you've grown so fast without me
seeing it?
How is it that your breathing has slowly developed
into a so soft snore?
How is it once I could hold you in my arms and now
I see you with leg swung up on the back of the sofa?
Enchantment...
How is it you no longer hold that baby smell but
instead have the musky smell of a young man on
the brink of adulthood?
How is it your feet are as big as mine, as are your
hands?
How is it you are four inches shorter than me and
soon to surpass?
Enchantment...
How is it that we still hold our hearts as one and
agree to disagree at times, but still come back to
that place called Love?
How is it that I will be called to move on and You
will remain behind to take up where I left off?
As I reclined there perusing all these thoughts, the
sweet peace of sleep overpowered the worry of the
family issue, the gazing upon and appreciating the
life of this one child in mine overpowered the issue
and I was brought back into my heart's center, where
I should have been all along.
It is not my place to fix things...it is my place to be
of service to. It is my place to let the people
involved in the issue figure things out on there own,
without interference from me. I read this or heard this
somewhere in the past few days that validated what I
had been trying to resolve...
*Service to others, is the rent you pay here on Earth
for a room of your own.*
*It is in the shelter of each other that people live.*
Contrary to opinion you can teach an old dog new tricks!!!
That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it, ha ha ha...
Here's Wishing Everyone a day of Joy Rising!!!
I'm off to play with my Inner Child today!


7 comments:
What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing the wonders of Enchantment. Have fun with your inner child.
Blessings, V.
Oh my sweet stars...
It is you have enchanted my spirit today sister of my heart.
It still amazes me how quickly they blossom from babe to young adult.
Your poetry is the essence of a beautiful healing orchid that has ripened laden with dewdrops of morning.
Women are always trying to fix everything and make the world a better place...
it is a good thing.
But you are wise, we must let our babes learn for themselves.
I just made lasagna
I brought a piece for you and your grandson.
kissies and huggies
Sharon
next on the agenda...
chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies
yummy
Thank You Vivienne and Sharon! Your words bring healing even more! I'm so enchanted to be connected to you both! :)
And Sharon...I love lasagna! So does FireKeeper my Grandson, :)
I may have to make some choco chip pan cookies now...oh the calories I do not need but I can pass them out, can't I? I will leave some with you! :)
Enjoy your Day my Sister/Friends!
AWS,
There is something so peaceful about watching little ones sleep. This is a beautiful post. I may have to steal that quote about letting other people solve their own problems. What a novel idea!
Steal Away Mary! It is very befitting for me as one who always likes to fix things for people and am still learning to let go and let them do the journey the way they need to and not by what I think or feel? 'Tis a hard habit to break, but will be so worth it!
I loved seeing your smiling face here today! :) You are never far away from me as I think of you all of the time! Perhaps I owe you a letter? I can't remember! Hah! I've got Witchheimer's settin' in! LOL
Anywho, thanks for stopping by!
Much Love and Many Blessings!
Great post and I loved the poem. You remind me of my mom-in-law (who I miss very much) who had similar thoughts and wrote as well.
I think you'll be able to live with not "fixing" a problem that was not of your own making.
Good luck!
Thank You Lorelei...what a sweet thing to say to me! :)
Yes, I think I like not fixing things...I've been doing this 'not fixing for quite some time but it always amazes me how fast it creep up on me when I'm not looking. As I said old habits are hard to break.
I'm sorry for the loss of your MIL...how wonderful for you that you two were so close. She must be near you now tho, that you have mentioned her to me in passing...that is how I look at things anyway.
So nice to have you here and commenting...your words are very valuable to me!
Radiant Blessings to You!
Post a Comment