I'm perplexed because I can't understand why the legislators who rule and yes, I said rule, the State of Wisconsin, don't get the bigger picture in the Mining Bill that is before the Senate and House at this time. Are they so fricken' ignorant that they cannot see what this will do to our Water, our Air, our Land?
I'm perplexed that we are not given our due process here...isn't that an inalienable right? What is the rush, the big damned bum's rush this administration is trying to pull on us, We The People of the Great State of Wisconsin? Why is this administration not listening to the Scientists who have studied the rock, etc., in relation to this very bill? Or its citizens who are opposed to it?
It makes me furious, filled with rage, that the Indigenous Voices of Wisconsin are being ignored, that their wisdom is flung aside for a greedy goddamned administration whose sole agenda is to privatize everything in this state under the guise of doing what is 'best' for its citizens. The Indigenous People were the first people's here? What the Hell!!!!!!! Why aren't we listening to their concern's? They are legitimate and hold much weight in my understanding.
My heart aches this morning...as I sit in my perplexed state. This isn't the only issue that is causing this heartache...
I've been following the contraception/abortion bill that is now being touted as a religious attack against those who think contraception/abortion is murder. God my head feels like it wants to explode with this one and perhaps I shouldn't even be poking my head out the internet window with this highly volatile issue but what's at stake for me in this, is the rights of women in the United States being violated by Large Men in Large places who think they have the right to rule a woman's body. AM I ANGRY? HELL YES!!! It does not matter if I believe in contraception/abortion or not. What matters is the gall of these Large Men to try to signify the possiblility that they know what is best for women. This has been brewing in me since I first heard of it...and right now I want to start a Broomstick Revolution of Women against Men's ruling Lord over our bodies, against insurance companies and lobbyists, and pharmaceutical companies, and doctors, and legislators who think they have the right to determine anything which relates to a woman!!!! Watch this video and while this is from a man that calls himself Old Fart, I find it highly enlightening!!! Where is the outrage that should be coming from women across the United States? Why aren't we creating a petition to stop this legislation dead in its tracks...why aren't we converging in multitudes on the White House steps? What the hell is wrong with us? If my body allowed me to travel and pick up women along the way, I think you know what I'd be doing...so since I can't, and I need to rant, I'm sayin' it hear, I'm sayin' it loud, and I'm saying as concisely as I can that Women need to use their Voices in tandem to put a stop to this overly ridiculous, patriarchal, Raping that is occuring within the walls of Congress.
So with these things now off my chest, as I continue to swim through the Neptune, Pisces Waters, I hope I can fling to the shore even more things which come to the Light.
Last night as I was talking to Grandmother, I was sharing how I thought my passions had been waning...that I thought my life spark was growing dimmer...that I was feeling fear of not having a purpose in life anymore. My family is changing, my relationships are changing, and I sit in silence most of the time, not wanting to say anything, because I've become invisible. I don't want to be invisible. To anything or anybody. I was forced to be that way so many years of my life, to have my voice not heard, my thoughts tossed aside, my belief's questioned. As I talked with Grandmother, my heart felt like it would tear in two. But I let it all out, thanked Her for listening to me and my intentions and then swam out to meet Her in my Dreamtime. This morning I am feeling differently, I'm not going down without a fight...I will go to my grave kicking, screaming, laughing and crying because I Am Her Daughter and I deserve to be heard...it does not matter if anyone agrees with me...I am going to live my 'now' moments according to the dictates of my own heart.
This is probably a side of me you've never envisioned, a side of me you haven't really seen but I can rant with the best of them...and it is my right as a Crone, a Woman and a Spiritual Being to do so. Like I said, it is time to start a Broomstick Revolution...It is time for the Matriarchal system to reign.
A'HO!
4 comments:
If politicians had their way, they'd send us back to the Middle Ages. Power and control are the words of the day, not what is best for the people.
Mary
I have to admit that I agree with you on the mining bill in Wisconsin (and the other one but I'll complain about the Wisconsin bill first.
First Walker has proven to be crooked over and over. The fake call from the Koch brother, the redistricting feasco, and the John Doe investigation proves over and over how much of a crook he is. Yet people still stand up for him. Where did our intelligence go? And this mining bill is actually taking AWAY our rights.
Up to this point the people of the area could say they didn't want the mine to come in. Walker and his cronies are taking that right away. They will decided what you should have or not have in your neighborhood. You are no longer in charge. I don't get how anyone can be so brainwashed to think this is a good idea to take this power AWAY from the people.
As for the other bill, when I can tell a man whether or not he can keep his testicles, he can tell me what to do with my body. I mean, maybe any man that has more than one child on welfare should be forced to lose his testicles. Fair trade? Most men wouldn't think so. Do men want to be seen as control freaks or are they just not getting it?
Okay, now I'll get off my soap box. Sorry for the rant.
Most women are busy working, raising families, trying to keep their marriage going, and stay 25 forever. They aren't paying attention.
Women should be raising 17 kinds of hell over men deciding what is better for them. Same old, same old.
I sign petitions and write my senator's and representative's. I have yet to get a straight answer response from one of them. Still I write.
Being invisible. When I was living alone I felt it more. Aging in America is not fun. Many youngers do not respect their elders. We are not valued as a whole. So we have to make our own visibility. We have to make our own happiness pretty much.
My daughter's and granddaughter are in Maine. One grandson in Florida, one is Los Angeles, one in Arizona. My family dynamic has changed too.
Even being with someone I feel the sting of being old if I'm not careful. My situation is not easy, but I knew this going in.
I know and understand being alone. Thank goodness you read and have a spiritual life. Winter is a season of less and I think we feel loss more.
I will be lighting a candle and saying prayers for you.
Take care of you. Let me know if their is anything I can do to help.
Everybody's got their own "umwelt" or bubble they live in, and that includes politicians.
Post a Comment