Loving...On Valentine's Day?
Really?
I have a hard time wrapping my head around the
fact that we set aside one day of the year to
recognize something we should be doing in
every moment.
When I first clicked on my Dashboard a few
moments ago, I saw my Sister/Friend Merry ME
had already posted the same thing I had come
to post about this morning...Way to Go Mary!!
I guess my lackluster for this Hallmark Card Holiday,
flew out the window the year my middle child
was born....that's right!
Today is my Son Miah's 35th Birthday...
So this day is all about celebrating
my Beautiful Child and not so much
the Valentine's Holiday. Over the years
it evolved for me...why does everyone
pick this one lone day to send out
messages of Love?
Do I still send out an occasional Valentine?
Yes, admittedly I do, but it is more about
sending someone a 'special' reminder
that they are loved by me...however I think
I'm pretty good at saying that everyday
and meaning it. I want it to stay that
way...saying I love you and meaning it.
So...if I haven't told you lately that
I Love You...
I LOVE YOU! :)
Three little words that wield much power,
but there you have it. I give it freely
from my heart.
I will leave you with this thought...
Touch the earth,
love the earth,
honor the earth,
her plains,
her valleys,
her hills and her seas;
rest your spirit
in her solitary places.
~Ernest Dimnet~
Don't forget to love Yourself! :)



9 comments:
~good morning my dear friend...thank you for sharing your love the other day with me...it was felt and received greatly...wishing yours a beautiful year ahead full of blessings and may you always have love surrounding you each and every day...much love light and blessings~
I believe as you do, love should not be consigned to one day a year, but I do love the wearin' of red, the joy and fun, and lest I forget...the chocolate candy. I'm not much of a candy eater, but for some reason, on this day I crave my chocolates. Love you, dear sister.
Mary
As the recipient of much "no special occasion" love from my sister/friend Akasa, I know how luck I am to have her in my world.
A, these pictures are great, more so the sentiment.
Happy Birthday MIah!
This could not have been better written if you tried. Wonderful. And neat pictures too.
Hi dear Akasa....I agree, a Hallmark Holiday...I was reading that the average spent today is around $100...Think what that amount could do at a local food bank? And romance...maybe I am old anD cynical, but love dictated just doesn't work for me...then on the other hand..in this day and age, when so much is so hard, and we are always so busy, maybe we need the reminder...believing as I do that love is the reason, having it said today by so many, might just carry a vibe that will last and increase.
Happy Birthday to you and your Miah...what a gift.
I LOVE YOU...XOXOXO
This is a fine post. Love freely given is a gift that keeps on giving. We who know love, who have lived long on the earth, know love energizes us. Love is a magnet.
I believe we are our own best Valentine. Much is made of this set aside day for love, and many are lonely and alone. I care about them.
We should love ourselves and others, as you say, each day.
Blessings! you are a dear to know and have in my life.
((hugs))
Totally agree with you! It's like tHanksgiving, anmd Mother's Day...if you aren't embracing teh spirit every day, one day a year isn't going to make a difference. But you said it better!
I love those heart shaped rocks...reminds me of one I found eons ago when I was a kid and my dad was going to drill a hole in it for me to wear as a pendant, but never got around to doing...I believe people with love in their hearts show it every day and the rest of the population is reminded at Valentine's Day to do something special for someone - maybe even being shamed into doing something nice that they should be doing every day or at least more often...I had a good day yesterday with Weezie at the nursing home because guess what? My Weezie is a Therapy Pet now and I'm so excited. We're invited back as much as we like and I'm going to go once a week!
I hope you are doing well. I think of you often!
Love,
Doris, Weezie, Romeow and my Gizzy in heaven!
Great post , with so much wisdom. I agree we should celebrate " LOVE " each day.
Post a Comment