Ahhh...the Wheel of the Year turns once again, and the springtime breezes are blowing in the wind! So it is we celebrate our first day of Spring and with that all those lovely things we find ourselves attracted to this day! Ostara for those of us who celebrate this Sabbat, and for those who do not celebrate this spring/vernal equinox, well, I hope you stop and smell the fresh gentle, lovely breezes of this newness of the year. This is the time of year we celebrate the balance between the dark and the light, a time of looking forward as we shake off the cobwebs of winter, fling open our windows and doors and let Mother Earth's blessing of awakening touch us as softly as her beautiful shawl/mantle. This is truly a time of expectation and new growth as we plant our seeds now, not only in the physical realm but in our inward journey, our spiritual walk as well. Our springtime colors are pastels, soft, beautiful, like babies born in springtime, the lambs, bunnies, chicks.
"There is no season such delight can bring,
As summer, autumn, winter and the spring."
- William Browne, Variety, 1630
As summer, autumn, winter and the spring."
- William Browne, Variety, 1630
"The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month."
- Henry Van Dyke, Fisherman's Luck
- Henry Van Dyke, Fisherman's Luck
Yesterday as I was taking a walk I spotted the neighbors Daffodill's and how exciting to see that lovely spring flower...it's color as sunny and vibrant as my soul was feeling. Today I am off to do a few errands, check in on a friend whose been having a bit of a time and hopefully get to the Mighty Sister Rock to sing a prayersong into the Waters...I hope you aren't forgetting to do your new and full moon water prayers? Just sayin'.... he he he Wherever you are in this Blessed Universe I wish for you a Beauty Way Day...I truly love each one of you...your uniqueness, your creativity, your intelligence, your love and support, and most importantly your heart. We are after all, one in the collective Soul of the Universe...
Peace Out!
A'HO!




1 comment:
I'm sitting here at the office, just watching the clock and waiting for the time that I can 'break free'. Blessings to you, dear friend. Beautiful post.
Mary
Post a Comment