Monday, February 11, 2013

Creating Sanctuary



Sweet Mystery...MotherFather God,
Thank You for this day!

Thank You for the safety and sanctuary
of my home, the place where I can
just 'be.'

Thank You for snow days, rain days,
windy days,
where I can hibernate in the
sanctuary of my home fire.

Thank You for bread baking,
cookie making,
soup creating,
book reading,
movie watching,
ancestor searching,
hours, minutes, seconds,
where 'time' no longer exists
and yet...all of time is wrapped up
in those hours, minutes, seconds,
nanno seconds which cross all
dimensions and brings me to
The Present.
The Eternal Gift of You!

I am grateful and thankful for them all!

A'HO!

Okay...so...I've been missing from posting
anything for pretty much a week here.
I have been avoiding Blogger like the
Black Plague, except to read all of your
lovely blogs and to leave a comment
now and then.  I simply haven't wanted
to be on my computer unless it was
used to research or connect spiritually
with other spirits and souls.

I've been busy though...I learned how to
make French Bread from scratch and have
made a total of five loaves so far, some
of which I've given to family and friends.

I've made Split Pea soup, Nestle' Tollhouse
Cookies...ahem...Thanks Robin Larkspur,
a nice pot of Beef Short Ribs with noodles,
Pasties or meat pies as some call them,
and the experience of making pie dough
which turned out very thick and tough, lol.
My Elder Aunt said it was because I
worked the dough too much and didn't
roll it out thin enough.  'Nuff said!
I believe her...I ate the innards
and threw the crust away.
Lesson learned but I won't let that
stop me from trying again, and I'm
thinking maybe a different recipe
might help too?  We shall see.

I've also been busy with beginning
of the year phone interviews
with caseworkers who help me take
care of housing, etc...and I'm
done filling out paper work, making
copies of this and that and mailing
stuff off. 
And then I had to get the income tax
thingy started and am waiting for
some papers back from my landlord
so I can finish that up to get my
return back.  All busy-ness that
drives one to drinking another
cup of coffee to be able to plod
through it all.  Why is life so
darned regimented?
Enough already!

I wanted to share a tidbit with you...
do you remember hearing about
finding King Richard III's bones
in England?
Well, I'm actually a direct descendant
of his...I'm not sure how I feel about that
except to say I wish they would have
left his remains where they laid.
Nothing is sacred anymore...not even
where we rest within Mother Earth.




I'm Richard's Great Grand Niece.

This photo is from my Ancestry tree on
Ancestry.com and I'm surprised how
much the photo looks like the composite
they did of what King Richard may
have looked like.  They are very similar.
King Richard's parents are my 18th
Great Grandparents.  His mother being
Lady Cecily "The Rose of Raby" Neville
who was born in Raby Castle, Durham, England
in 1415 and died in 1495 in Berkhamsted,
Hertfordshire, England. Cecily was the
The Duchess of York.

His father was Sir Richard Plantegenet,
3rd Duke of York, Knight of the Garter,
3rd Earl of Cambridge, and 1st Earl of March.
Now that's a mouthful, lol.
He was born in 1411 in Conisborough Castle,
Conisborough, Yorkshire, England, and died
in 1460 in Wakefield, West Riding, Yorkshire, England.

There is lots of information on the Plantegenet
Family and lots of controversy as well, which
is why I find myself so intrigued and yet filled
with angst too.  I found tons of info on
Wikipedia on my lineage, as I have royal
blood lines on a few sides, which believe me
means nothing except for interesting reading, and
healing generational traumas.

    

This is Sir Richard and Lady Cecily...photos
from my Ancestry site. 

So...that's what I was up to this past
week...digging up bones, cooking at home,
and oh yeah!  I was able to spend some
time with my Beloved Grandson, FireKeeper
too.  We had a nice long chat, while I fed
him some of my homebaked bread and
dish of goulash - he loves Grandma's goulash :)
His sister, Little Grandmother my beautiful
Grandaughter has been sick with a miserable
sore throat and cold and is going to the
doctor this afternoon.  I hope she is well
soon as her birthday is coming up on the 23rd
of this month.  My son's birthday is on Valentine's
Day...so we have a busy birthday month going on.

I've talked your ears off and am now going
to do something productive, like clean my
kitchen area and go through some papers
on my desk and counter to see if I can
shred any.  I'm off and running!

Here's wishing for you, Sunshine
to warm your bones, lift your spirits,
and bring warmth to your little corner
of the Planet.

I love you!
Akasa

8 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

It was a wonderful weekend to hibernate. I stayed in my jammies. Wish I had done the same today. The rain is coming down in torrents. I see we have some common ancestors. I've the Plantegenet Family in my tree as well. Isn't it fun to find out our history?
Mary

Robin Larkspur said...

First, Akasa, I can not make a decent pie crust. Tried and tried. It really is a terrible thing for me. WOw, 5 loaves of French bread, that is fab! Spending time with Firekeeper is a true blessing. Your lineage is very very interesting.

Anonymous said...

better than getting a letter...
So Now I know what , where and how..
~smile~
XXX

Merry ME said...

Well, now I can stop worrying. I was afraid the cold got you and wouldn't let you out of its icy hands. I love the way you have caught us all up on everything. I think, however, if you are going to tell us about all the good things you've baked you should at least give the recipes! French bread? RU kidding? I had a bread machine once but that's the only way I could make something that resembled bread and not a brick. I believe Betty Crocker invented regrigerator pie crust for the very reason you mention. My sister always has luck with crust from a box, but I can't think now which manufacturer. Love thinking about you and Firekeeper sharing stories over cookies. That's what grandmother's are for I think. Don't you know it's something he'll remember for a long long time.

Take care.

Forest Dream Weaver said...

Wow Akasa,I applaud you for your success in French Bread making! I make bread regularly but have always avoided baguette making - maybe I'll try sometime....
I can see how you may have reservations about being related some of these people. I've done quite a bit of history revision in connection with castles I've visited and the murders and intrigue makes grizzly reading.The Earl of Douglas who built the castle I've just shown on my other blog may well have fought with your ancestors in the ongoing battles of the time!
So interesting how it's all connected!

Thank you for your lovely post Akasa.
All best wishes,

Rubyxx

the wild magnolia said...

Quite a post....pie crusts are not my forte either.

I had my first meat pie at Lasyone Meat Pie Kitchen in Natchitoches, Louisiana, served with dirty rice.

Ruthie Redden said...

My you have been busy, and making me feel hungry into the bargain too. Lovely to un-plug and do other things x

Plumrose Lane said...

Loved the video ~ it helped brighten my afternoon and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting. Especially reading over that menu ~ now I crave split pea soup and french bread. *smile*
♥Sharon