Friday, February 1, 2013

Morning Thoughts

Lady of winter by Mara ~earth light~
Lady of winter, a photo by Mara ~earth light~ on Flickr.

Sweet Mystery of Love...Mother/Father of All That Is...
I thank you for this day!
I thank you for the beautiful sun which lights
up the morning sky,
for the squirrel who leaves his footprints in the snow,
for the birds which leave me intrigued and laughing
as they fly from one perch to the next,
for dreams that bring messages,
for friends that are helpers,
for children and grandchildren,
for warm homes and meals that nourish,
for artists and poets, and those who
bring us the music of their hearts...
I thank You for the snows which are coming again
to lay upon Mother Earth, to provide Her
with much needed precipitation,
and to absorb the cacophony of
sounds which assault the senses.
But most of all I thank you for Your Love...
which warms me, envelopes me,
sustains me, uplifts me, and is always there!
A'HO!

*****
****
***
**
*
Well...it's been a wild ride around here this week...lot's of
activity to say the least...especially with the weather!
We've had very warm days...a high of 54 on Tuesday,
but I relished that as I was able to get out and go for
a nice country ride with my longtime Sister/Friend and
her little grandaughter Yani.
While riding along the country roads we spotted
a flock of turkeys, and a beautiful blue bird...
I'm not sure if it was a bluejay or a bunting
as I didn't see any top feathers on its head.
And just before we headed out of town
we stopped by the river for a bit and
while sitting there we were surrounded by a
big flock of geese, saw a few ducks swimming, &
spotted two big ravens up in a tree in front of us.
It was a Bird Convention kind of day!  :)
I loved it! 
It was good to get out for a bit and
shake off old energies and gain new
perspectives.
I've had plenty of calls this week from
friends, family and some taking care of business,
and now it's Friday and I'm so happy it is.
It's Dear Goddess Brigid's Day too, or Candlemas.
I shall pay Her honor in some way today...
I've still been somewhat tired and not
sleeping well.  Up and down all night this week
has left me rather lethargic and to be truthful
today I'm feeling a bit owly, but trying my best
to fight that...
I'm off to make a pot of Bean and Ham soup.
I'm planning on sharing some of it with the Sister
who came to take me for a ride.
She's also running errands for me today as it is
too cold for me to be out...it was 4 degrees
when I got up this morning with a windchill of -20 below.
My Doc would have a conniption if I went out, so I'll
stay in and let someone who can tolerate it do
the running.  As the old saying goes, one hand
washes the other.
We are supposed to get more snow later on and into
tomorrow...I can't wait!  I love to sit and watch it snow...
we had gotten about 3.5 inches several days ago and it
was the big fat flakes that fell most of the day...
I felt like I was in dreamland.  Speaking of dreams
I've been having some very vivid ones.  Not all of
them pleasant either.  I dreamed of my son
who has already crossed over and in the dream
I was trying to keep him from dying...I was
sobbing my heart out and when I awoke from
the dream I really had been crying...my whole
being ached for him.  I still ache but it isn't
as intense as the other night, thankfully.
I've also been dreaming of The Grandmother's again,
and of my Mother...we were all singing and having
a great time.  So...yes, it has been a wild ride
around here this week, but today the sun is shining
and I'm going to make the most of this weekend.
I pray for you a day filled with sunshine
wherever you are, for friends who help
in times of need, for dreams that leave
you sweet and strong, and weekends
that bring you smiles and happy memories,
but most of all I wish you Love.
Akasa
Happy February!!!

5 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

Happy February, Akasa and Blessed Imbolc. That sounds like a wonderful time taking a ride and seeing all the bird life. You are blessed with a dear, good friend.
I am sorry about the sleepless nights and nights filled with perplexing/anxious dreams. I am sure there must be a message there. But your Spirit and Love are still boundless. We are having lots of snow here too. It is beautiful, though a bit hard to get around in. Take good care, and I send you hugs, love and thoughts of peaceful sleep.

Ashling said...

Blessed Imbolc....and have a glorious weekend; you deserve it!

Forest Dream Weaver said...

And thank you Akasa for your uplifting words.May this be a beautiful and happy month for you too!

Rubyxx

Merry ME said...

My friend, Your dreams sound as if you are calling in your family circle. To keep you warm, perhaps while the snow and wind howl at your door. Amazing, isn't it, how love can keep us warm even if it comes from the other side.

I like the picture, but wonder why the Lady of Winter is dressed in black. Seems like she should look like Lara in Dr. Zhivago. But then you wouldn't see her, would you? I checked out some of the other photos on Flicker. Stunning.

Sending February greetings. May you be full of peace on this day.

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Lovely poem, Akasa! I have been unable to sleep either, so I can relate to that feeling. Sounds like you are tapping into your family's spirits. Maybe they just want you to know their energy is still there with you, even though they have moved on, beyond this physical plane. Big Virtual hugs coming your way today.