Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Consciousness

I do not see a delegation
For the Four-footed.
I see no seat for the eagles.

We forget and we consider
Ourselves superior.

But we are after all
A mere part of the Creation.

And we must consider
To understand where we are.

And we stand somewhere between
The mountain and the Ant.

Somewhere and only there
As part and parcel
Of the creation.

~Chief Oren Lyons~
From an address to the Non-Governmental
Organization of the United Nations, Geneva,
Switzerland, 1977

Via Flickr:
Bison migrating at sunset, South Dakota


©Jim Richardson All rights reserved. You can see more of my work at: www.jimrichardsonphotography.com


It is long past time for us to be Peacemakers
with every living thing on this Planet...

A'HO!

3 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

There is a shift within me. Peace is stronger in the hearts of many. I hope we continue to gather hearts for peace. If our hearts are filled with peace we will respect all forms of life.

Thank you for sharing.

Robin Larkspur said...

Chief Lyons words are awesome.

Merry ME said...

Amen.