Sweet Mystery of Life,
Thank You for this day!
I thank you for my body as it learns
once again to readjust to medicines
which are no longer a part of my daily life.
I thank you for the slowing down
as it readjusts to where I now need to be.
I thank you Dear Creator, MotherFather God,
for my recognition of this...
I thank you as well for the snow which
fell so softly yesterday.
Tiny flakes that swirled in the cool
winds that swept over my part
of the world I live in and love.
I thank you too for my appetite
which seems to be returning
bit by bit.
I thank you Sweet Mystery
for good books...books which teach me
about my ancestors...as they honored
the lands they lived in, took only what
they needed for survival, and gave back
to Mother Earth in a manner which
was and still is holy.
Thank You for their wisdom and knowledge.
Thank You for the lessons that are
passed down from generation to generation.
Even in the face of diversity, annhilation,
disintegration, displacement and dishonor
by other races of humans they walked on
with heads and hearts attuned to
You Great Spirit...and for that I AM
eternally grateful.
Be with me as I walk through this day,
help me as I face my own lessons,
help me as I continue to learn and pray
and take into my heart that which
brings you sweetness and love.
A'HO!

Yesterday was a beautiful snow day
here in Southern Wisconsin.
Still very cold but we did reach
about 12 degrees or so for a daytime high.
It snowed all day long, a gentle snow
with tiny flakes that caught up in the
light winds that were blowing, but
increased as the day grew longer.
It was very cloudy too so the barometer
lent itself to my overall malaise...and
it finally dawned on me around noon
that my body is readusting itself
to the meds I no longer have to take.
I felt extremely sleepy and all I wanted
to do was have a bit to eat and then sleep,
so that is what I did. I tried reading
blogs for a bit, several times thru the day
and finally gave in to what my body
was calling me to do.
This morning, the sun is shining intermittently,
and it is still cold but a warm-up is predicted
with even more snow showers. Let it snow!
I'm safe and warm and all of my needs
are met. What more could a girl ask for?
Remember my Grandmother Burgess I shared
with you the other day? She was my 10th
Great Grandmother and had 15 children,
and three of those children were daughters
named Peace, Rest, and Remembrance.
When I read that I got really quiet within.
Now, I know long ago, people named
their children this way but still when
I saw it my body responded with awe
and a little mystery. The longer I study
my geneology, the more I come to be
filled up. I am hard put to explain
how I feel actually, as in studying
my ancestors I find that all of those
little holes and nooks and crannies in
myself that search for meaning,
are filling up and that amazes me.
It is cathartic.
It is Peace (ful)
It is Rest (ful)
It is Remembrance (ful).
I also think it helps me to walk my Truth.
As I am Akasa,
Daughter of Gloria,
Grandaughter of Celia,
Great Grandaughter of Marion,
Great Great Grandaughter of Caroline...
Mother of Gary, Jeremiah, and Gloria,
Grandmother of Seth and Angel...
and as I seek to know my true nature
I finally reveal to the world a bit of me
that heretofore I held to my breast,
my heart, as if I could not trust
the Blessed Universe from
keeping us from being vulnerable.
Today I speak my truth so that
being vulnerable brings me clarity
and purpose.
Today I speak my truth so the
lives of the Grandmothers
who walked before me will not have
been in vain...that their lessons,
loves, knowledge and wisdom
are not caught up in a time warp
but instead move freely through
all time dimensions ( which are really illusions)
so that future generations are able to
walk in the truth of us all.
Since it is getting on toward noon
I better hit the publish button and
come back later to share a bit more....
All my love,
Akasa
3 comments:
I love those names.
And I love how they have connected your spirit to the past.
Beautiful. I love the genealogy. Too many do not honor the female side. Blessings to you, dear sister. We both got some good news at the doctor.
Mary
Beautiful thoughts Akasa.Yes,there are many to thank for our being here and it's so important for us now to live our lives with love as we pass the torch to our decendants.......a whole world of them!
Happy Weekend,
Ruby
Post a Comment