Friday, January 4, 2013

Morning Thoughts

Ancient sun, eternally young,
  giver of life and source of energy,
    In coal and oil, in plant and wind and tide,
    in spiritual light and human embrace,
You kindle the heavens, you shine with us
(for we are suns with hearts afire -
    we light the world as you light the sky
    and find clouds within whose shadows are dark);
We give thanks for your rays, and clouds your rays draw up, for the sky route you travel faithfully as we traverse this globe,
    For our journeys of earth which draw us close
    together,
    for our journeys of dream which sustain us when
    apart.
Ancient of Days, you rule the nations,
our birth and death: our journeys you have wrought.
  Loam we become for your fertile spirit.
  Your cosmic light penetrates our depths;
  In your majesty we are bound to one another.
We gather this morning as did people of old
with joys and woes, varied gifts and diverse needs.
    We offer you these in thanksgiving for life
    and share them through your generations on
    earth.

~Congregation of Abraxas~
an excerpt from the book "Earth Prayers"


I offer you, Sweet Creator, MotherFather God, my deep gratitude for this day, and Everything in it.

A'HO!   

2 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

That was beautiful. I have that book as well. Hoping you have a wonderful weekend, dear friend.
Mary

Merry ME said...

Sister Friend, I think I have that book. I'm going to go right now and pull it off the shelf. A serendipitous reminder that I need to find some prayers for mothers.
Sending you hearty good wishes for a wonderful day.