Saturday, January 5, 2013

Morning Thoughts...


As morning gives way to mid-day sun and I linger in the last energies of the morning, I offer to you Sweet Creator, MotherFather God, a deep and heartfelt thank you, for the quiet in the room, the whisper of the fans as they whir, the morning sun streaming in through the lace curtains, the warmth it brings to my spirit and thoughts of others who share the planet with me...

Guide my path, my heart, my acts, my words, so that each is done with purpose and love, and bless each person I interact with this day...and always...

A'HO!

Good late morning to my gentle readers!  Here's hoping your week's end is going smoothly and is lending itself to your needs as we move through this day and tomorrow.

I have no special plans for the weekend...I had some unspecific plans to gather with a long-time Sister here in my city to go sit by the water's edge, grab a sandwich to eat and play catch up, but I just called and she doesn't answer so I'll just go with the flow.  I'm really not in any hurry to dress and go out anywho.  I woke up feeling like I just need to ease into the day and that feeling has not left.  I've been puttering around the house a bit doing this and that and I think I just want to do creative things today, whatever that entails (although I do have to vacuum a bit today for sure!)

Thank You Sisters for your kind words a few days ago, when I wasn't feeling well.  It is very much appreciated.  I do feel better today.  My fibromyalgia was really flaring and my energy levels were pretty low so I just took it easy.

I finished reading a book by Louise Erdrich entitled 'The Round House' and if you have a chance to read this please do so.  It touches every part of a woman and mother's soul and that's all I'm going to say so I don't spoil the story.  I also read 'Fallen Masters' by Jon Edwards (the psychic)....which if I'm honest was a bit to in the future for me but a future which is not too far off perhaps?  I could only read it to the halfway mark and then gave up.  I may revisit it later down the road.

The weather around here has been a bit on the cold side but I'm thankful for that as the flu bug seems to be rampant in Wisconsin.  Thankfully I haven't gotten the bug nor do I plan on it.  I guess we have seven hundred reported cases in my county alone.  Lots of kids have been off school with this flu, my own grandson included.  Next week the temps are supposed to be getting warmer and I hope it melts some of the snow we have.  I love it when it snows but after a while it looks dirty and I tire of the salt being tracked into my house.  My neighbor insists on putting salt down for me even though I ask her not to?  She's doing it to be kind so I cannot get angry with her.  I just don't think salt is good for wooden ramps, cement and agragate walkways, or Mother Earth for that matter.

I participated in a Blog Talk Radio chat this week...talked to a psychic about a dream I had some twenty years ago as I wanted his take on the dream...that was pretty interesting and totally in line with what I felt about the dream, and it has given me food for thought and I want to do some further delving into a few things he shared.  The digging is always the fun part, he he he.

Well, I better get with it here (ahem, after I read a few more blogs) and see what I can get myself into.

I hope you all have a spontanious weekend doing whatever your spirit calls you to do!

Blessings, Peace and So Much Joy!
Akasa

P.S.  Did you know this is the year of the 'Snake?'
   Snake woman, snake woman, shedding her skin!


3 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

Dear Sister,

Take care of you, sounds like, you are listening to you body and spirit.

I am craving the outdoors. Of late I am outdoors everyday and almost every day walking a woodland path.

The Peace River flows into a little cove and is called Lettuce Lake. The river and the lake wait for me everyday. Sometimes I walk down more than once a day.

Everyday you are in my prayers and candles lighted for all my friends.

Blessings and healing and peace and spacious thoughts are sent to you.

((hugs)) & love.....

Merry ME said...

You were going to go sit by the water in the snow? I think you've made a wise decision to stay in where it's warm.

I've read one or two Erdrich's books. Was Round House a new one? Seems like she's got a new one out. Also sounds like it's right in line with where my heart is now.

I can unserstand why you don't like all that salt, but I hope having it sprinkled around will keep you from going sliding across and ice patch.

My old woman friend was diagnosed with fibromyalgia yesterday. I was kind of surprised at how quickly the doc came up with it. What does it mean when it "flares up"? Is it auto-immune? How do you treat it?

I, too, eased myself into the day sleeping in past noon. I think I'll ease myself into the night by snuggling in with a book.

M

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Akasa. Happy to hear things are a little better today.

I am working all weekend again. I hope to talk to you soon sweet sister of my heart to catch up with you.

I will tell you more then.

hugs and blessings
Sharon