Friday, January 18, 2013

Morning Thoughts...



Good Morning Sweet Mystery of Life!
MotherFather God...

I Thank You for this day!

I Thank You for the wisdom of The Elders,
who light our way...
Sweet Grandfathers and Grandmothers
who share right relations
with Earth, Air, Water, Fire
Spirit...Self.
Teaching us to walk in balance and harmony
with Mother Earth and Father Sky
and with one another.
Bless them as they walk their walk
and share their wisdom with us.

Bless Grandmother Tonya Whitedeer,
Grandmother Agnes Pilgrim Baker,
Grandmother Elizabeth Araujo,
Grandmother Shalahnia,
Grandmother Edna Gordon
Grandmother Ruby Moon,
Grandmother Dancingfire,
and many more...
for it is in their knowledge, Sweet Mystery, that
I have learned much, and continue to learn.
May I never stop!

I Thank You for the cold and crispness
of this winter morning.
For the clouds which cover my view
of Father Sky...for in this too lies a lesson,
that I might not always see what is directly
in front of me, but if I close my eyes
I can see with my heart.

I Thank You for the help of my Dear Daughter,
who was funny, helpful, and gentle yesterday.

I Thank You for my Doctor who is truly
connected with her patients.

I Thank You for Pharmacists who are
patient and kind as I ask questions.

Mostly Lord and Lady...
I just Thank You for Life!
Now in this moment...
In all my moments, Sweet Creator,
I Thank You!!!

A'HO!

*****
****
***
**
*

I'm getting another rather late start to my day here,
although I've been up quite a while doing this
and that.  I've already made phone calls that
needed to be taken care of as there was a snafu
with an appointment with one of my Doctors...
now I don't have to go until February and then
I have two that month.

Yesterday was a great day, albeit a little tiring.
My Doctor is soooo great! :)
She is so patient and really listens to my
concerns and works with me to address
each one of them.  Ultimately, because I've
had good numbers being on several medicines
I take, I am now able to back off on the dosage
which pleases me greatly!
I no longer have to take such a high dose of
Metformin (for Diabetes) as my blood sugar
has dropped considerably and my weight
has dropped twelve more pounds. 
I've lost 43 pounds all total and I'm
over the moon happy with that!
Yahoooooo!
Now I can concentrate on the last 25-30 lbs.
with ease.  I've been fitting into some
clothes I haven't been able to wear in a while.

Also I was able to cut down on two other meds
I take so all in all it was a great day...
Then I transferred to another pharmacy
and can have everything delivered
at no charge...you can't get any better
than that, eh?  Of course I was worn out
by the time I had everything taken
care of but I love that feeling of
accomplishment that comes from working
towards something.

I want to say a huge Thank You to my new
Sisters here on Stone Soup...I welcome
you with open arms and heart and can't
wait for your ideas and comments
to be shared with us here.
The Circle of Sisters grows stronger...
I love that we all beat to our own drum
yet collectively stand in love and unity.
The Grandmothers of All Time
will bless our endeavors
when we stand strong in harmony, peace,
love and unity.

Here it is Friday already...
where did the week go?
Have you noticed how time has
sped up?  I have.  In the blink of an eye
the day, week, month, year is gone.
Time is so illusory.

What will you do with your weekend?
Staying in?  Going out?
Mine will be spent at home, finishing up
reading the book "Mean Spirit" by Linda Hogan...
a novel of the Osage Indian tribe and its
cultural disintegration as the white world
intrusively takes over, and then I'd like to
finish reading Wisdom Keepers by
Harvey Arden and Steve Wall...
this book has me crying at every turn of
the page as I read about the Elders...
some are tears of laughter, some are tears
of joy and some are tears of sorrow and
pain as each Elder shares their life story.
It's beautiful and poignant and a must
read in my humble opinion.

I also must do some cleaning as this
week has gotten away from me...
right now I hear my dishes calling my name
but first I need to check in with all of you...
so they can continue to call, he he he.

My wish for you today is that you
all have the wisdom of a Grandfather
or Grandmother to listen to...
they share such sweet stories,
and all we can learn from.

In Divine and Sisterly Love!
Akasa





2 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

Wonderful news about your meds, and numbers, and weight loss. You have done a grand thing getting your health on track. May you continue to grow strong and be a healthy, happy sweet Akasa!!
Cold and snowy here in New York, our daughter is arriving tonight for a weekend belated christmas/yule celebration. I am excited.

mxtodis123 said...

Congrats to you on your weight loss and your wonderful news about your health. 46 pounds is no small accomplishment. What a role model you are to me.
Mary