
You are an ocean of knowledge
hidden in a drop of dew.
~Rumi~
Sweet Creator, MotherFather God...
walk with me this day.
Guide my heart, my hands,
my thoughts, my feet, along the way.
*****
****
***
**
*
On January 20th I will be 60 years old.
I will be celebrating with President Obama
although he does not know it.
I was born on President Eisenhower's Inauguration
and I've been witness to a handful more since
then. This will be the second Inauguration
for this sitting President that I will partake in.
I have no other plans for that day other
than to watch his Inauguration.
As I think
about what it means to walk into my
60th year I mull many things over and over
in my mind. Mostly I just think about
being grateful for another year, lol.
I totally embrace my Cronehood,
wrinkles, grey hairs, stretch marks,
scars...each one a reminder of who I AM,
where I've been, and how far I've come.
On another note...has anyone other than me
been having problems uploading pics to your blog?
I've taken to copying photo's from my
Photobucket account and then pasting them
here, which is a pain in the old arse.
Blogger is aware of the issue but so far
it hasn't been fixed.
My new little five year old friend
came to visit again yesterday afternoon.
She walked in the door with a big grin
on her face and had her hand behind
her back and announced...
"I've got a surprise for you!"
So I closed my eyes and stuck out my hand
and she put something cold and made of glass
in my palm, announcing I could open
my eyes now.
It is a beautiful little milky white glass bell
etched in gold with daisies, a monarch
butterfly, bachelor buttons, violets and
greenery painted on it.
It says 'A Mother is the heart of home.'
I felt as big as Grandmother Moon!
She was as proud as punch that
she could surprise me with a gift,
and let me tell you I was humbled.
I could share about this wee babe's home
life but I won't...except to say it isn't
a good one, and my long-time Sister/Friend,
which is this little one's Grandma,
has been working diligently to
ensure she is safe and nurtured.
She's doing one great job, the
greatest job of all in my opinion...
Mother and Grandmother all rolled into one.
So...I'm ringing my bell...ringing it for
my new little friend, ringing in better
days, new opportunities for a better life,
new energy and healing, and
new friendships to guide and mentor
this sweet, bright and precocious child.
May you walk in beauty sweet one!
I am off and running now...
do enjoy your day,
and if you are able,
try to interact with a child.
They bring us unexpected
gifts straight from the heart.
Namaste'
2 comments:
Five year old friends are the best. How lucky you are.
How lucky she is to have 2 grandmas.
P.s. I don't mean to be unAmerican, but I think I'd rather celebrate your birthday than watch a bunch of canned speeches.
I'm with Merry......5 year olds are the best friends.
Bravo's to her grandma!
You are off and running this new year and I am doing better.
Take care of you.....
Post a Comment